McDSP Openssh on Logic Pro X

Discussion in 'Software' started by Grater, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Grater

Grater Ultrasonic

Hey there,

has anyone been able to get the openssh McDSP from the sister site to work on Logic? It works fine in Ableton but it always fails to validate in Logic. I manually edited the plugins with terminal to link to a libst file on my desktop because I cannot access the system folders in Monterey anymore. Is there a way to get it to work that works with newer Mac OS versions?

The error message I get is:

validating Audio Unit FilterBank E606 by McDSP:

AU Validation Tool
    Version: 1.10.0
    Copyright 2003-2019, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
    VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aufx' - 'E606' - 'McDP'
    Manufacturer String: McDSP
    AudioUnit Name: FilterBank E606
    Component Version: 5.1.1 (0x50101)

* * PASS
    TESTING OPEN TIMES:
    COLD:
    Time to open AudioUnit: 23.890 ms
    WARM:
    Time to open AudioUnit: 0.586 ms
    This AudioUnit is a version 2 implementation.
    FIRST TIME:
    Time for initialization: 34.436 ms

* * PASS
    VERIFYING DEFAULT SCOPE FORMATS:
    Input Scope Bus Configuration:
    Default Bus Count:1
    Default Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription: 2 ch, 44100 Hz, Float32, deinterleaved

Output Scope Bus Configuration:
    Default Bus Count:1
    Default Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription: 2 ch, 44100 Hz, Float32, deinterleaved

* * PASS
    VERIFYING REQUIRED PROPERTIES:

* * PASS

validation result: crashed validation

Only the stuff I bought works in Logic, while everything works fine in Ableton.

3. Doomies

Doomies Newbie

No I haven't. Im having the same issue. It seems like a quick fix because I can use it in ableton. Im on catalina. Last working OS for me was Mojave. Works on Catalina and ableton, as stated previously. Any ideas?

4. Grater

Grater Ultrasonic

actually it works fine. I just didnt find the plugins when looking for the manufactorer. You have to go to the top of the list in logic and chose incompatible/unverified.

5. Yeni Slade

Yeni Slade Newbie

How'd you even get it working in Ableton? I'm trying to get Altiverb and GRM Tools working again in Ableton, but can't seem to figure it out on M1 Monterey

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

You have to code sign all these sorts of things you add to your system. It's a digital signature which lets the system know you did it yourself manually. It is a security function to prevent unsigned code or programs from Unknown/Unverified Software Developers.

Also, You can force anything Logic "Cannot See", by using OSX Validate ALL AUs utility. It forces Validation in Logic. I put them on Mega: https://mega.nz/fm/sYxW3b5L

Are these 32bit plugins you are trying to work with? That's not going to fly after, or with; Catalina. It's supposed to work ok on Mojave, but I have never had luck with that. Rather just find a different 64 bit plugin.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  7. Yeni Slade

Yeni Slade Newbie

I believe they're all 64-bit. I have older rar files of the plugins from when installed on my previous machine, but the installers won't open on my M1 so i've taken to showing the package contents and dragging the components into the respective folder. I tried code signing the au components, but may have done so incorrectly. I'm not sure if it's related to the dylib files though.

8. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

They stopped working for me after a while. Could be an OS update, indeed.

True

I don't think OpenSSH cracks work in Monetery and upwards.

9. Yeni Slade

Yeni Slade Newbie

I recently saw a comment of someone saying they got Altiverb up and running on M1 Ventura, but with no explanation of the process used. So i'm wondering if it is actually possible on Monterey or if something changed in the Ventura update.

10. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

funny, I didn't know that the old McDSP release was still working on Catalina.
    Only in Ableton is a no-go for me, though, since I mainly work on Logic, but it would be interesting if someone could manage a turnaround or a way to fix this.
    If ever somebody was kind enough to make a straightforward recap of all the manips we've got to do in order for this to work :)
    :wink: