MB comp

Discussion in 'Software' started by l3N, Feb 24, 2024.

1. lxfsn

lxfsn Platinum Record

Ozone Dynamics does all the above ^

I'd also stay away of Mid/Side processing unless you really know what you're doing. In a multiband context I see it more a problem fixer, but in production you can always go back to the mix and fix them there.

If you're planning to expand the sides of the mix, there will be so many potential issues, it simply doesn't worth. But do it anyway, so you can put your mind at rest that you've tried it :wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  2. l3N

l3N Noisemaker

you are wrong .. how do you think I should process music for mixtapes? only m/s mode equalizer in Ableton? if I don't keep the expander and compressor , the frequency range will drop out between songs. p s By the way, I found a solution, I placed 2 compressors with different modes per band from Ableton, the best solution for me.
    but now I'm playing with ozone

3. lxfsn

lxfsn Platinum Record

those songs are already at optimal width. it is not your business to alter the mid/side ratio for an already mastered song

as for ensuring consistency for the entire mix set (because at this point I'm not sure what you want to achieve), the music released in the last 10+ years is consistent enough to not need more than a bit of safety limiting. If you have older and newer songs, then just process the older songs if needed (bring them in line with the ones that sound modern). it makes no sense to process an entire mix just because some songs are off.

4. l3N

l3N Noisemaker

I have two audio tracks, I equalized them in -14 LUFS, as we can see the first audio track has more low frequencies, I can reduce it with the equalizer, but how to maintain a constant volume in 20 audio tracks of low frequencies. I didn't find any solution how use upward/downward compression

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      218.2 KB
      Views:
  5. lxfsn

lxfsn Platinum Record

If there would be an overthinking contest, you'd take the first three places. what do you even want to achieve? why -14? what is all this?

6. l3N

l3N Noisemaker

I chose an up/down compressor with M/S mode to maintain the volume level. Someone recommended ozone, thanks ))

I don't remember why I leveled gain -14 LUFS for all tracks, instead of using headroom

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  7. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

I wonder how'd you know that.

Depends heavily on the genre.

The only optimal solution is to treat them all separately. Less optimal is to raise the freqs in question and hold them down at a specific level. Can be achieved with an MB compressor or a dyn EQ. Prerequisites are short attack and high ratio.

8. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

DMG Multiplicity

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. l3N

l3N Noisemaker

thanks everyone for the tips

Last edited: Feb 26, 2024