Maybe it is time to Bounce.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MMJ2017, Apr 26, 2018.

?

MMJ should Bounce.

1. YES

6.9%
  2. NO

87.9%
  3. MAYBE

5.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

exactly there are 100's of instances(publicly) where they talk to me that way name calling accusations ( while unwilling ot make a point itself or disagreement) and 100's of individual comments telling me how worthless i am.
    Im really asking myself if i want o be a part of THAT type of community.
    serious i have to have block 20 something users shouldn't i be asking myself if i belong here or not?
    but im just surprised so far at least a lot o support from people i didn't know was there.( in this thread)
    if we don't want good people to leave what can we do?
    just block 20 something people? (maybe that is the answer)
    but there was times i had to unblock someone because the blocked person was attacking someone else (content of their attack was related to me) and i couldn't see the convo only that the other user was being attacked but about me.
    the place is devolving badly around here.
    if it turns out to be a very large percentage wants it to be positive place we should ban together.
    but if it is the smallest percentage that wants to be a positive place then we should leave.
    that why i made this thread trying to get vote numbers if i should leave.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Altoid

Altoid Newbie

Looks like people here don't quite get how internet works.
    Oh well, keep pretending that you are ...whatever it is you think you are. But...
    [​IMG]
    3 ...2 ...1

3. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

@MMJ2017, Please don't leave the community. As @Herr Durr says, this is a tough time right now.
    I don't use the ignore feature on the site, I use the ignore feature in my head. Just don't pay attention to the negativity. Let it wash right past you and stay in the gutter from whence it came.
    I have found that when people lash out like that, it is usually due to something missing within them or their life that causes it.
    I've messaged you myself on this exact subject to let you know that I don't understand why this happens.
    And it's also why I'm quiet lately.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

what warrants the hitting of the report button?
    or even the ignore button?
    that ignore button created 10 times more problems for me.
    when 5 people call me names and that i am worthless because i didnt respond to 1 belligerent persons demands ( calling me names and that i am worthless and in same breath demand that i list out chords of some song.)
    because it was ignored ( not that i should give into that kind of demand anyway)
    i didn't even see it till much later and then a whole bunch of people are being nasty to me afterwards.
    there does not seem to be an easy answer to what to do in this circumstance

5. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Well thats going to be hard because we mods have been discussing in the background for some time and some members that may infact hate, you are no longer here or taking time off, but hate is such a strong word, they are just trolling you because it became fun to them but im sorry but it has come to an end
    Banning is a mod group decision, and sometimes take weeks to draw a conclusion as we actively monitor the offending member. We cannot accept members running rampant here, just cant, Sorry
    No dictatorship here, just some good ole fashion moderation with a spike of spice.

If you wont report, we will eventually figured it out and deal with accordingly. The choice is yours
    True
    We have seen and listed these offending members, and we have a system in place to deal with you. But we have to do our part to complete the cycle.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

so i guess while those things have been happening to me,
    in the background it was seen and being put plans into place to fix it that i didn't realize.
    Also that many of you have shown support to me that i did not realize was there
    2 very positive things thank you.
    That makes me feel like I should stay here.
    and just focus on the things that important to me giving info for free that others are seeking and helping to inspire music in people and be inspired myself.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

I know that can be hard but just try to ignore the haters and keep up doing your thing. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

Often I have tried to follow your posts/tutorials but invariably i've given up, principally because:

1. Less is more, especially if well properly considered and well written. Pedantically force-feeding verbose technical diatribes anywhere outside a lecture hall - especially an online forum for alternative/underground/indie muso's - is never going to translate as well as one might wish.

2. A recognition on your part that much of the intimate magic of music creation is in the personal discovery in new harmonic, dynamic or rhythmic relationships... irrespective of whether this knowledge was available to learned scholars for decades or indeed millenia... Indeed some of the greatest musical passages ever written were put together on a whim, when the authors' cerebral/educational barriers were caught off-guard - hence the term 'inspired'.

3. In this age of ultra-individualism, there will never be anything approaching a universally agreed truth - recognition of this in your robust assertions would go a long way to placating those who hold alternative opinions as firmly as you hold your own. As the saying goes: you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink...

By way of consolation: Even the Bach, Beethoven or Bernstein were on this forum serving up their very best efforts @foster911 would be doing his level best to shoot them down... his shameless (and often amusing) iconoclasm alas seems also to generate far more heat than light - a video of you two trapped together in a small room would surely go viral, i'm certain. :)

BTW I think your idea for video tutorials with practical audio examples is totally the way to go and i certainly would be up for watching them - you evidently have much to impart on the subject of music theory and i sincerely support your sterling efforts to share your understanding with those who might genuinely benefit.

There is strength in diversity and we are all empowered by the synthesis of opposites... so don't get disheartened by the click-bait haters - stick around big man and all power to you and your hard-pressed keyboard!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

this is what i love, great "food for thought" thank you fine sir.

10. foster911

foster911 Guest

Change your poll to:

MMJ should make music?

I think you're still dubious about it.:dunno:

I know you've produced lots of songs but your practical knowledge about the modern music is fairly frail.

Modern generations and modern ways of getting convinced. You can not easily win them over to your methods unless they'd fall in love with your mindset in the frame of their adoring music.:wink:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

MMJ, now please dont feed this %&€ troll.
    you must already figured out that any thought or phrase beyond a smiley is just a trigger in his "mind" full of platitudes.

there is simply nothing there

I really hope you have already realised that fact right MMJ?

12. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

this is exactly what I mean, how can you possibly create this sentence and expect that it be taken as some other way besides TROLLING?

What criteria have you established to accurately distinguish between

1. that your thought is speaking about ME ( the real being which exists)
    v.s.
    .2 that you have invented a artificial character in thought and attached my user name to it?

answer the damn question.

If you want me to be able to take your statement serious you have to give me some way to see that it applies to reality ( that it is something besides name calling)

If you fail to do this I have no choice but to see it as trolling and name calling with no connection to reality itself.

( I have no other way to communicate this more clear or concise)

foster911 100's of times you refuse to specifically describe a point
    you just tell a fictional story about my user name in which you call names and say is worthless.

your statement is calling me names and saying i am worthless correct?
    ( what else COULD i take it as?)

If you honestly believe that you really making a point about me a real being can you describe what that point is how you step by step arrived at the sentence you speak of?

13. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

I have noticed some people post, ONLY to see if they can get a rise. Ignore them. It's part of this. Use google drive for your examples. It is infinitly better than dropbox IMHO.

14. Ozmosis

Ozmosis Producer

We are on the internet, trolls will be trolls.. try not to take it too personally since they are strangers to you in reality!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I have a bad habit of responding(to trolls like foster911), with thought of future readers in mind .
    foster911 has demonstrably shown to have zero points to make.

I hate the idea that a future user is reading through comes across the troll speak and then it confuses them into not knowing what to think and they get deterred, but you know what that is not my responsibility.

16. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Well that's a interesting point.
    however, I just got used too it. like a people in a village get used too their local-nutcase.

At least they have something too talk about is the mindset.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Can anyone give their input here please?

when I read this
    next

my brain thinks "how did this person come to such a conclusion based on text on a screen?"
    next.
    "so, because they did not see the 3 songs i made this morning, my life gets erased like back to the future, because they wrote text into a comment box saying
    "
    MMJ should make music?

I think you're still dubious about it.:dunno:"
    my question is and please everyone respond.

is the response my brain gives when it sees that sentence unreasonable?
    next if it is rational to think

"how did this person arrive at such a conclusion based on insufficient information

18. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

agree with Kwissbeats, if it was your "responsibility" you should have lots of work, in a mental institution my friend, not here.

see, on a forum you will accidentally be sharing space with frustrated bitter people, mental cases, racists, nazis and small children having "fun", all mixed with the normal people, and you will have no chance of knowing this, at first!

BUT, if you keep addressing them, then it starts to become your problem.

19. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

@foster911 showed me around when i came to this forum, he promised me a lot, introduced me to some girls, life was good until he turned his back on me. Now i fuck old tourists in Thailand.
    i coulda been somebody.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

It doesn't feel quite the same here any more to me, this place has changed, and not for the better. I'm still here reading every day, but I don't post as much as I used to. I suppose all forums go through stages like this, but I would hate to see what was once a warm, friendly, downright beautiful community tear itself apart.

@MMJ2017 Stay man, if you leave, they win.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List