Maybe it’s time to choose different FFS for AudioZ?

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by recycle, Dec 6, 2015.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

terrible upload speed most of the time and really bad gui now, you have manual click to add the key now and also with every file you upload you have to close a nag, telling you not to distribute copyright stuff. if a few files are marked as copyright infrigment, then the whole account is a risk, uploaded and rg are not that harrish with that. not to forget mega has 50GB limit for free accounts, rg and ul has much bigger limits if no limits all for free/premium accounts.
    you really want to do 50GB free accounts by hand?
    i know this is maybe a bit out of hand, but from all the ones which have good speed you get low payment by download and you all want to get new releases right?

uploaded, rg seems to be the best solution in terms of all points.

2. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

What if everyone put forward their suggestions as a viable option? Once all the options are in, the powers that be can either choose a new one, or stay the same.

My request would be Zippyshare (I must stress though I am in NO WAY complaining with the options we have right now)

Maximum file is 200mb but can be split into as many files as needed. With incredible speeds and 4 downloads in parallel.

3. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

i believe that the uploaders have been doing this long enough that they know which hosters work best for them and those are the ones that they are using - namely uploaded and rapidgator. if you look at any other site like az, those are always the hosters that they use. it is up to the downloaders to live with the uploaders' choice - not the other way around. i have found that by using real-debrid, i can almost always get premium access to both of those sites. very rarely one of them will be down, but never both. real-debrid costs 16 euros for 180 days of access. that's crazy cheap.

as for some of the other suggested hosters

nitroflare - forget it. none of the debrids have nitroflare.
    mega - great for downloaders, but sucks balls for uploaders
    zippyshare - great for smaller stuff, but a pain for large uploads
    oboom - this was actually listed on az as a preferred hoster but none of the uploaders ever used it, so it must suck for the uploaders.
    rockfile - great for downloaders, not sure why the uploaders don't use it - but it probably has something to do with compensation and longevity of links.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  4. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

I agree that Rapid and UL are not good services. For whatever reason, I can't use either of them. There are far friendlier services. That said, I'm not sure we have much say in this matter, but, not liking the services is ok. It doesn't mean we don't appreciate the shares and doesn't mean that all we do is complain. It is just an opinion.

And a big thanks to the people who mirror friendly services here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

I'm actually using Cloudsix.me for downloading BlueRay films and stuff like that, works really well.
    I would keep RG and change UL to something else (you name it)

6. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

There ARE such File Sharing sites available! :winker:
    The snag is: no one on public sites is interested with posting *free links*.
    It's BUSINESS & PROFIT minded activity that interests them.
    Some even upload tiny packages with just a few KB on those lame sites,
    where you have to wait, watch ads or clips and wait until you get a code,
    wait again until a link gets generated, wait again until a captcha comes up...
    ...and so on. It's just annoying and time wasting.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Kapellmeister

I already mentioned in other post which could be better servers than RG and UL.

Mega
    Mediafire
    Unlimitzone
    Uploadrockett

Each of these works fine for not premium users (at least regarding download). I think if the point is to share then uploaders should think first about people that don't own a premium account, which usually tend to be majority.

8. floond

floond Platinum Record

I would like a heads up if you plan to change the FFSs used on AZ as I have to renew my UL subscription within the next month. I've been happy with a premium account there for years. Good speeds that max out my connection and several sites besides AZ use it so it's money well spent IMO. I'm baffled that ppl can't afford a debrid account but still somehow can afford a PC/Mac that can run any of the modern plugins you whine about having trouble downloading :dunno:. It's the cost of a pack of cigs pr month, maybe its just your priorities?

The thing is I'm pretty sure UL and RG were chosen in the past because they offered great speeds for freeloaders and thus got popular. Which meant they either had to charge their premium users more to pay for more bandwidth and servers or throttle the speed of free users. They chose the latter. This has happened on other FFS in the past as well. They get too popular to handle all the freeloading. So we can either change to a new FFS every cpl of month to appease leechers or stick with what is working and have ppl fork up a few bucks to get a premium account so they can dl'd 1000s of $s worth of software with no hassle.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Dalmation

Dalmation Kapellmeister

Diadulus, Hurr durr - like I said I'm a casual sub. to UL & NF and haven't crossed over to Debrid.
    What Debrid service can you recommend for a first timer... simple, safe, accepts CC ?

Thanks.

10. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

click here: real-debrid

simple, safe, cheap, takes credit cards, has uploaded, rapidgator, mega, zippy, and provides a safe (and very fast) way to download torrents

11. recycle

recycle Guest

I've just bought a 30 days Alldebrid premium. It's $10.12 (with paypal from reseller). This is the first time for me using the service: lets see how it works...

12. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

Actually I'm using debriditalia

13. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

for seven dollars more you could have had 180 days at real-debrid. just sayin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. remix

remix Platinum Record

I didnt swear...

i typed in "fuck" in the AS search and got back 100's of results, swearing it seems is accepted...

why be polite to idiots?

15. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Nobody here has taken into account the longevity of these hosting services. Most of you probably werent around 3-4 years ago when file hosting sites were being taken down one after another and including ones like bitshare (I think thats what it was called) that AZ was using, making a ton of posts obsolete. RG and UL persisted.

16. rosko

rosko Ultrasonic

Why not use a torrent site if you don't want to pay? The whole point of most of these websites is you are paying a bit of extra money for a quicker download. Nobody ever uses free hosts as they are crap & you may as well be using a torrent.

17. dayron

dayron Member

Perfectly happy with UL, i can at least charge it through my phonebill, no visa, no paypall nada nothing.

But people that want it all for free, want the best service for them, not for the oposing parties like the uploaders.
    I'm perfectly happy paying 10€ a month for a service that gives me nice things to try out before buying...just saying

18. Sonic

Sonic Newbie

and why should people be polite to you? If you want to be abusive then you will get pretty much what you give. It's the poster's prerogative to be unhappy about download speeds, and you can have an opinion about it, but IMO if you're stupid enough to pay for a premium account in order to download STOLEN software, then that's your problem, but don't bitch at the people who don't like the abysmal free user download speeds.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
  19. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

2 messages only in your profile one of them to insult me and another one to insult Remix ? You'll be long gone before ny change of host has occured...Or is it a fake profile so you can insult without actually using your real alias? It seems so...
    You did not even bother to actually read my comment.
    Hey, puny sonic. where did you see i've subscribed to either RG or UL? In your wet dreams?
    FYI i've subscribed to real debrid. And by the way, you just make me laugh with such a childish attitude. Good luck downloading 20gb with 50kb/s... I'm done losing my time with an insignificant troll like you.

20. remix

remix Platinum Record

i dont care if people are rude to me...

its just words on a screen numbnuts...

only a bitch would care...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015