Maximum volume on krk rp4 g3

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by nathanp203, Jan 2, 2018.

1. nathanp203

nathanp203 Newbie

Hi everyone
    So i just got my first pair of monitors the krk rokit 4 g3 i turned the volume to 20% on the laptop and the knobs to the middle on the krks the woofer went crazy can i ho even higher or will i do damage on like 80% on laptop and the knobs on 3 o clock

Thanks in advance

Ps im not using an interface yet and im going from 3.5mm to rca also is it normal for hiss due to the rcas can it be removed?

3. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Time to get a proper audio interface. Welcome to the rabbit hole addiction.

If going from laptop 3.5 mm to speakers, hmmm........turn all laptop sound enhancements off. e.g. EQ, volume boost, room enhancement, etc. Heck, just uninstall it and use bare-bones OS driver. I would still get a proper audio interface. You could look into the new MACKIE interface for < $149.00 on the cheap

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  4. nathanp203

nathanp203 Newbie

What about the volume any recommendations?

5. nathanp203

nathanp203 Newbie

What about maximum volume...

6. nathanp203

nathanp203 Newbie

Thanks

7. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Well, I guess you could turn your (windows?) level slider up to (70-100%), start with your monitors turned down to zero,

then play an mp3 play a project in your DAW, then adjust one monitor's volume very slowly until it just "loud enough".

Then adjust the other monitor. You might have a +4/-10 switch on the back. Start out with +4 (basically means quieter). "It's hard to perfectly match the monitors this way unless they're at 100%, or at 50%, or they have stepped volume knobs.

I turn my monitors up to 100% at +4 nominal level, and use an external monitor controller.

Be careful with the volumes! Start out with monitors at zero, and try just adjusting one of them, then adjust the other to "match".