Max v7.0.1

Discussion in 'Software' started by don_questo, Feb 15, 2015.

1. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if anyone managed to get R2R new years edition working in ableton. From what I read, everybody still has it in demo mode, ie the sound drops once every minute for a couple of seconds.
    If anyone managed to get it working, enlighten us please.
    Or if anyone knows whether its still work in progress for our R2R heroes?

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

MAx 7.0.1 is working with the R2R patch version applied, but you can only run it so far i know. if you want to save something you need the R2R version, but as i had it installed, all was working fine with Ableton 9.1.6 x86.
    just try it again. (MAX 7 in general is slow and a bit buggy still, but you cant blame R2R for that, it just needs more build to get as fast and stable as MAX 6)

there is not a sound drop in max4live, when max is on demo mode.

4. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

Thanks for replying. So if I understand you correctly, you dont get audio drooping out every minute with R2R version 7.0.1?
    And which version of max 6 do you use? Can you make your own effects and instruments with that one, or is it only for ready made ones?

5. venem

venem Newbie

Last few days im contemplating about "same question".
    Is Max 7 buggy, is it patch.. or maby something hardware related. Or maby im just a little bit retarded-ish.
    R2R release.. clean install.. patched.. As standalone working fine.. full registered.. M4l can be edited, saved.. But..
    Midiout every so drops velocity to 0.. Numerous devices tested.. same problem..
    Gate, duration, cc.. all goes through constanty.. but velocity have cyclic hickups.. random drops to 0..
    Reinstaled 6.. same devices.. no issues. Removed autorization of 7.. issue remains..
    One thing to do is to reinstall 7 [from cycling] and test it without patching.
    Searched for similar issues over net, but except this post, found nothing similar related.
    If problem persist.. it must be due max7 and some hardware conf. related bug.
    Not R2R release....

6. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

Or even better, if someone with a legit copy of live/ max can confirm that.
    The funny thing is that when I get audio drop out from m4live, it kinda comes back with a fade in, thats why it is assumed that it is in demo mode. Or it might just be a hurdle they hadnt quite cracked yet, :dunno:

7. venem

venem Newbie

For me; using max7 as m4l editor inside live, or m4l devices in general when max7 is selected as max aplication.. dead end.
    Unregistered [trial not started]. Saving disabled, velociti drops and mentioned "gentile audio fade in/out-s" present..
    Patched & registered.. Saving enabled.. velociti drops and fade in/out-s present with or without max editor opened..
    ArticStorm said that he had no issues with R2R release and trace of bitching and nuking release can be found.. So..
    What to think? :dunno:

8. venem

venem Newbie

"Workaround" [devices wo max7 features].
    Thanks to pesky ableton indexer, live device can be edited externally [opened in max7; not through edit in live], and it will be automatically updated when saved.
    Of course; for normal functioning [wo drops] of device in live; max path should lead to max6 installed folder.