Max for Live Devices not showing , Ableton Live 11.1

Discussion in 'Live' started by Geo22, May 2, 2022.

1. thomas78

thomas78 Kapellmeister

Geo22, the extra content for the suite has to be installed separately. in suite therere included in the payment, otherwise youve to buy them separately. for m4l ive installed:
    MaxforLiveEssentials_r40143_v2.0.alp
    M4LBuildingTools_r32902_v1.0.alp
    M4LPluggoforLive_r32873_v1.0.alp
    therere more, eg FlexGroovebyMartinvonFrantzius_v1.3.alp, but take a look for yourself at ableton's. then choose and download :)

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  2. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

Devices not showing here either (Live 11.1.5). Only the max editor thing shows in browser, not the devices. Also have Live 10 installed and the built in max devices show up in the browser without problems. So, I think Live 11 is bugged.

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Live 11 Release Notes
    • Browser
      • A new Devices icon has been added to Live’s Browser:
        • When viewing Sets in the browser, you will see a Devices icon for device chains on a track that contain at least one device.

• When you expand a Live Set in the browser, either from the Current Project folder, Templates folder, or a folder of Sets you have added in Places, you can unfold the tracks in the Set to reveal their device chains. These chains can then be moved into the current open Set using drag and drop or by double-clicking on the chain. The Device settings from the original Set are retained but any previously recorded automation is not. www.ableton.com/de/release-notes/live-11/

4. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

I'm looking for a stock M4L device that should come with Ableton Suite. Mono Step / Mono Sequencer. Does anyone know where to find it?

5. nomnom

nomnom Guest

I found the information and files thanks people!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2022
  6. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    There used to be a list of links to get the extras for Ableton. they are separate installers like someone said above. The main installer doesn't have them and one cannot download the extras through the application, unlike, say Bitwig.

or... use search
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/all-suite-live-11-packs-uptodate.57899/

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  7. nomnom

nomnom Guest

Never mind, I found everything between the other thread main post and "sister". THANKS and sorry for the dumb questions. I dont know how to delete posts

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2022
  8. typical-love

typical-love Producer

What good/key things were missing? I just started diving deeper into Ableton after using it on a surface level for years

9. nomnom

nomnom Guest

rabbit hole 101

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2022
  10. kashue

kashue Newbie

Im also having the same issue. Any suggestions where to look nomnom?

11. nordicwing

nordicwing Newbie

Check it here man
    https://www.ableton.com/en/shop/upgrade-to-standard-or-suite/?autoplay=1#video

I have the same problem with you, and yes, it's clearly said in the ableton's site that standard version doesn't have any max for live devices.

It seems that our cracked version of suite only has standard packs installed.

Furthermore, the suite asks for 70GB of disk space, and standard(or cracked suite) only uses 10GB, you can easily know which situation your ableton is.

I accept this issue because 70GB is too large for me anyway.

And you said it's a big upset, I don't think so. Seriously do you think you are professional enough to be thirsty for those devices? Standard is enough for you maybe? Don't be so greedy. And you are using a cracked version, what more do you expect? I don't think that's a "upset" to you. You'd better save this time and spirit to learn how to use it, instead of trying to have everything that you don't know how to use.