Maverick, Yosemite or El captian for Stability in Ableton/Logic and with Third Party Plug-ins?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Leisure Suit Deezy, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Leisure Suit Deezy

Leisure Suit Deezy Newbie

I have set myself up to do a clean install to finally squash all these kernel panics, and bugs on my late 2012 mac mini. I have read that Maverick is the most stable and i have been on Yosemite (where all these crashes and problems keep occuring) What do you guys think is the most stable taken all three are on their .5 iterations which typically are alot less buggy?

3. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I can say for certain that Mavericks 10.9.5 is rock solid. No need to upgrade at all. Maybe some utilities apps have stopped being developed for Mavericks, but audiowise it's yet to fail me. I'm on a Mac Mini too.

4. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Best Answer
    I can without any doubt confirm that Maverick is actually the most stable and viable Apple system. Its like the Windows 7 of the fruit firm. And every other people gonna tell you Maverick except if they have Yosemite and no crash then they gonna tell you its the most stable. :)

5. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it?" If you need to experiment with another OS version or are forced to "upgrade" by other software, installing another OS version, along with the software in question, on another partition is a solution. I run mainly El Capitan, but have a Mountain Lion partition for software which hadn't survived the upgrade. Apple's finally gotten El Capitan pretty stable, and Logic Pro X to where it doesn't crash or hang. Ableton Live 9 seems pretty smooth on it, too - for me, anyway.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Leisure Suit Deezy

Leisure Suit Deezy Newbie

Ah thanks a bunch guys! I have spent the last couple of hours doing tons of research on the web and Mavericks looks like the way to go!

7. groove

groove Kapellmeister

El Capitan for me pretty smooth.... For Ableton and logic with uad system ilok legit and ssh etc.... All work fine

8. Spacely

Spacely Producer

Yeah I agree on my Mac I went back to Maverick as it was the last stable OS for me. On windows it's the same for me with using Windows 7. I went back to Win 7 for anything music production related. I use a dual boot system so I can have win 10 for all other crap.