Matrix 4 Soon - A bit off topic but anyway!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by phloopy, Sep 9, 2021.

1. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Depends.

If the person shared Joe Rogan anti vaccine posts, I rub one off in delight. But just as I'm about to reach climax, Joe's disgusting TRT swollen head pops into my mind, and my dick retracts inside my body, and I become a Wachowski.

2. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Waiting for thread closure in 3..2...1...

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Well no, just Report the comment you may be referring to, and the thread can carry on.

4. Babarleroideselephants

Babarleroideselephants Newbie

I love how common sense is dead in 2021.

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Don't worry. Only 3 months left

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Can we calm down here? Back to the Topic discussing Matrix 4?

7. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

:chilling::cool: :blues:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

I'm sad to say that although I would love to be hyped and excited for Matrix 4, I expect Matrix 4 to undercut my already very low expectations. Hardly anyone from the core team that made Matrix 1 a masterpiece and was responsible for parts 2 and 3 not being a complete disaster is not working on this film. The second Wachowski? Nope. A master cinematographer? Nope. Choreography legend? Eh eh. One of the best stunt doubles in the action genre? Nah. Laurence-fucking-Fishburne? Nope.

The lore narrative shown in the trailer is good, but the images don't grab me. It looks like stupid popcorn cinema. The only thing that grabbed me emotionally was the song. Sorry, don't want to spoil anyone's mood. Just my 2 cents.

9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

As long as you can earn a lot of money with it, there will be sequels, but they no longer have the quality because the story has already been told. Filmmakers and everyone involved also have to earn a living. Very good films are the exception and not the rule.

10. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

Okay this might be a bit too much (loud) for some but who can appreciate all kinds of music here's something I really like(d). The OST for the original was composed by Don Davis and he did an amazing job, capturing the right mood for the movie. His part "The Power Plant" has been used in a Hardcore classic and everytime it was played at a party the whole crowd went nuts, while probably most of them (us) didn't know the link to the movie at all. Anyway, there are more examples but this one always stood out for me. Perhaps due to the experience when watching the movie for the first time in combination with the weekly raves.
    Starting around 1:00

Original

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

they probably had an enormous to unlimited budget for sound. even if/when the film sucks, there will still be good non-dialog things to sample.

12. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Innocent until proven guilty.
    I will assume the movie has been done well until shown to be otherwise.
    I will assume the script storyline has been well thought out until shown to be otherwise.
    Keanu Reeves tends to only do movies he wants to. Because of his drawing power now after the Wick movies, I doubt he would do something that is crap until proven otherwise.
    :)

13. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

At the age of 23 Reeves learned to play the bass guitar and at the age of 27 he became a member of the grunge band Dogstar, founded in 1991, with whom he recorded two albums. The band played among other things as the opening act for Bon Jovi and acted in two films.

Keanu Reeves on Bass - Dogstar Original members 1993 - Live - "Regression".mp4

Dogstar Original - "Regression" - live at the Troubadour 93
    Gregg Miller - Guitar & Vocals
    Keanu Reeves - Bass
    Rob Mailhouse - Drums

Keanu Reeves & DOGSTAR 1st "Isabelle" into "Going Up" live MTV

14. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

IMO the story is not problem. I mean, yes, they should have left it at the first film at the time, which described the worldbuilding and the rise of the hero. They should have left Zion and everything else in the real world to the viewers imagination. They decided to continue the hero's journey and tell the story of the war between the chosen one and and the machines. Am not a fan of this, but the martial arts was great. The cinematography was great. The choreography of the fights told a story. The choice of framing told a story - especially in the first Matrix film.
    The basic narrative I take from the trailer of Matrix 4 is really good: the awakening of the sleeping giant. It's a classic story narrative with high potential. Think about what kind of genre spin would be possible. If they wanted to, they could make it a psychological thriller. A deep-dive into Neo's psyche, stuck in the 7th version of the Matrix. Isolated and with suprimated memory of his real self, not knowing what is real and what is not. If the script had the emotional depth and the cinematography was in tune, it would even be possible to compensate for the absence of the martial arts master responsible for the great fights in the last 3 parts, without having to completely abandon action.
    However, I don't see any of that in the trailer. I see the narrative, but the images shown are clumsy. No sense of philosophical subtlety. The action is bombastic - downright Michael Bay-ish, but again I see no subtlety. Martial arts? No, you don't see that either. I see black for this film. But it has nothing to do with the fact that the story has already been told. Matrix still has a lot of potential. It's "just a trailer", but for me it seems as if the chosen guys behind the camera have nothing to tell - not in terms of narrative, but in terms of craftsmanship! And that is really a pity.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  15. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I will see the whole film and only then will I judge.

16. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

Sorry to necro.. but the as the M day gets closer, I keep on getting this on YT recoms..

It's a bit.. well.. you find the adjective lol
    but yeah, a good? showcase of what Unreal can do :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  17. dia manu

dia manu Producer

horrible orchestration of a classic song

18. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

A bit Raw indeed..
    but well, knowing their kind,
    they probably had a peanut-paid monkey doing all the work in a week or two.. :yes:

It had a bit of a Baraka/Koyaanisqatsi homage after the chase tho :wink:

19. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

I saw this yesterday. Amazing engine.
    They just need to nail the weight/mass physics of cars for example and then it will be almost like the real thing.

20. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

Lightning keeps on improving aswell.. :yes: