Mastering Synth Pop Like a Pro

Discussion in 'Education' started by fuad, Dec 14, 2013.

1. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

Any course on mixing and/or vocal mixing on synthpop, electropop, vocal trance, futurepop would definitely end up in my course list... :mates:
    I always have a difficult time finding the right place for vocals WITHOUT relying on gain change... :dunno:

2. fuad

fuad Producer

Consider it done :)

3. fuad

fuad Producer

That's very true, it all depends on what you need, a lot of times what I do for example since I do vocal house and some trance is that I start with the drums, get them sounding good, then mix in the vocals, even before the baseline and anything else, and that way the two most important elements in my track are working nicely together and everything else comes after.

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Lynda.com I believe has a Booby Owsinski Mixing Bootcamp release where they teach you how to build off of a certain element as your focus. Everything from snare to vocals.

5. fuad

fuad Producer

Still got 10 more coupons for christmas guys! Msg me if you want one for this course or the electro house mastering course, both packed full of good stuff

6. raul101

raul101 Newbie

I‘ve just finished your mastering course.
    Congratulations man, very well done and well explained.
    One question, have you tried Acustica Audio Nebula 3? AlexB emulations can be used in combination with waves plugins sounding a little bit more analog.

7. fuad

fuad Producer

I've never tried nebula before but I've heard rally great things about it. I personally try to stick to my stock plugins, saves so much times and fussing around with 3rd party ones and has really improved my workflow, if I need to use some kind of emulation for some analogue flavor I'll stick an ssl compressor like the waves one or the glue and maybe a pultec eq as well.

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I'm actually looking forward to trying Nebula now that I'm on my new system that I can be sure won't die from the sheer thought of it. :rofl:

9. manducator

manducator Member

I absolutely wanted to take this course before New Year. And I just did.

Great learning experience! I'm glad I bought this product.