Mastering - Ozone 9 advanced presets

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by samsome, Mar 9, 2021.

1. samsome

samsome Guest

So i've been trying to understand mastering long time but anyway

The other day i loaded some tracks, lowered them 6db cause they were hitting 0db and put Ozone 9 on the master.

So I just wanted to get a feel of what the different presets of Ozone 9 do......

and as i was changing them i thought.......

There's like 100+ presets here (i can't remember exactly) and each one felt different with different taste...so you could choose what u like through the presets

At least one of them should be taking u 90% of where u want...

it seems much more efficient to just choose a preset as it can take u 90% there

just wanted to mention this and to see ur view as well

thanks!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

yesterday i did this too. never used that like a plugin but i ran the exported wav file through ozone and tried all the presets. that was interesting. i will learn more ozone... this tool is deep. think it will help us understand more of that whole process and understand different styles of mastering and so on and what is going on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

If Ozone is doing 90% of the work, what do you learn? Nothing, unless you analyze every single parameter and their settings.
    Back in the days when I was bad at mixing and had no clue about mastering I too used Ozone. Then I skipped it to learn how to do it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List