Massive Vst - why does it take so long when i change preset folder?

Discussion in 'PC' started by google, Sep 20, 2011.

1. google

google Newbie

Hi

I'm using the new NI (Not Intuitive) Massive

why does it take so long when i change preset folder?

Is it because i renamed them a bit?

NI stuff gets me down (Thank GOD its free)

Why am i constantly getting the circle flash animation?

I went to their website and the 'flash-terbation' was too much after an hour :snuffy: .

NI
    pokey menus -check
    non intuitive interface -check
    no keyboard support -check
    grey -check
    looks good on paper -check

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Same here, seems like if u add any 3rd party preset folders to the Massive sounds folder, it wants to constantly scan the database. :snuffy:

4. mrmuck

mrmuck Newbie

just to let yous know i had many problems with the cracked massive i gave in and bought it and now it works perfect the assign crack was the problem it should only add presets to the database once. also the cracked version did not load all presets gave me an error. all this was solved by purchasing it just go's to show assign dont crack right had the same problem with their geist crack bought it then all issues where solved.

5. google

google Newbie

cheers for the extra info

NI stuff gets me down at best

try reprogramming Traktor. simple shit like adding midi controllers made totally impossible by a stupid crappy tiny window

not for PC yet
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/10/xtreme-mapping-app/

I have spent ages learning NI stuff , Kontakt Traktor Massive and all of it is let down by crappy menus

NI=Not Intutive

Someone said they updated to massive 1.3 and it forgot star ratings and colours when the sounds were imported

NI as a company suck ass

If they didn't suck so much i might consider buying one of their products

6. google

google Newbie

yea every time i click something like a folder i have to wait 45 seconds

7. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

I don't have it open in front of me, but I know there is a way in the browser somewhere to do a complete scan of the database all at once, it takes a little while but after doing it I didn't have this particular frustration anymore. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out, but will post detailed instructions when I'm home if people can't find the option

8. McXProds

McXProds Newbie

I have 1.3 cracked version and never have any problems with the browser. Ratings and colors... never use it so i don't mind.

9. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

yeah, u can rebuild the database from options menu, but same behavior persists afterwards. :snuffy:

10. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

hmm i normally start sounds from the init patch - but i noticed this also. on massive and on FM8 ;)
    but ok - i'll not buy it ... works for me.

11. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

:rofl:

12. Xiny6581

Xiny6581 Noisemaker

Assign = fast and poor quality. As always if you look into their crack(debuged with softICE+GLuEenvir+SchribzV6) you can see they did not successfully managed to beat the ServiceCenter(checking if you have a valid licsense). and On top of that they run a VM(Virtual Machine) emulation to defeat the RAS-2+Serpentine custom protection and this do slow down the ServiceCenter, everytime it has to access the emulator and indeed when it rebuilding the database.
    and Yes, I don't want to run my mouth in the terms of comparing the cracking scene, nope that's not my argument.
    Thing is I very often run "Try Before Buy", and well compared to the retail version aka Genuine boxed copy from Native Instruments, it works faster compared to Assign's version. However compared to AiR's version there is no difference.

-Source from an external audioscene forum(2008-2010,Sandor/Jazzm, p12ยง41).

Native Instruments never let me down. When the make an update, it's in most case only for the better and yeah they give me true quality. I am a happy and proud Native Instrument user, but that can be discussed in another topic. :)

Just make sure you:
    -Check for duplicates before rebuilding the database (to save time and decrease loading time next time you reload the database)
    -Convert the old ksd format to the new nmsv-format.
    -Delete/move the old ksd files
    -Then finally rebuild your database from scratch.

I like the new nmsv format, due it doesn't include the dnsSbilz authorizer.

Cheerz, :mates:
    Xiny6581 =)

13. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

OK, boys and girls, heres the news.... Heres is what I did to solve this once and for all.

1. Realize NI synths take a WHILE to fully read a directory full of presets... and this is just what I did to fix everything, you can follow this, or skip steps, but if you skip, i cant vouch it will work for you.

2. First off make sure you have converted to the new format.... nmsv.. this is done using the command in Massive File > Options > KSD Batch Convert.

3. Take all your presets and put them in a single folder, It doesnt matter if they are categorized into folders as the 'bank' they belong to is coded into the preset itself... for example, I now have all 3,761 presets of mine in the same folder, this also lets you find duplicates and delete them.

5. Place this single folder in..C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Native Instruments\Massive\Sounds remove anything else that may be in that folder.

6. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Native Instruments\Massive\Sounds and delete any folders of presets.

7. Go to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Massive folder and delete the existing NIMassiveDatabase2_ul database file

8. Open Massive, go to File > Options > Browser Tab and click Rebuild DB.

Lastly, and most important... WALK AWAY... leave it for an hour or so, I left it all night... while it rebuilds the database.

Once you have done this, you will have no more problems with slow loading , or circular 'wait' animations.

Tip, its MUCH quicker if you narrow down the presets by choosing some 'type' parameters in the browser.

Cheers ! :dancing: :bow:

14. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Thank you, One Reason. Im really starting to like these forums. :)
    --
    sG

15. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Like Xiny said, also, make sure to remove old .KSD files, if u are using new, converted format. *yes*

16. Xiny6581

Xiny6581 Noisemaker

One Reason:
    Awesome mate! Now, that got it all fixed once and for all! Thanks for the tips. :bow:

17. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Welcome bro... works for others as well, FM8, Absynth etc.. and it only took me about 5 years to finally get it right :rofl:

Even the info on NI's own site is incomplete \ incorrect regarding this. :wow:

18. Breakz

Breakz Newbie

I am having so many problems with the 1.3 Version of NI Massive in FL 10 that I want to go back to the older version. I cannot use the 'SAVE' & 'SAVE AS' buttons as they are non-responsive (greyed out) and my projects in FL do not recall the presets..With old projects the presets are recalled in my instances of Massive but when I resave the track then open it again, all my instances of Massive say 'NO PRESET LOADED'. It also does this with new projects I have tried. I have converted all ksd files to the new formatt and rebuilt the database (several times) and still the same problem!! If anyone else is having the same problem or has any solutions it would be appreciated.

:wink:

19. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I was having the same type of problem in ableton, Z3ta 2 was also doing the same thing. freezing the tracks in ableton (and reaper) stopped this prob. if i unfreeze the track after i load the project, the preset re-loads properly. *just remember to freeze your tracks ;)

Unsure if Fruity Loops has a track freeze feature :dunno:
    --
    sG

20. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Hmm.. not having any of those issues in Live here.. You guys on Macs?

21. Breakz

Breakz Newbie

I'm on PC but I have managed to sort it out now by saving all my ksds in a file then completely wiping all the Massive data from my computer and reinstalling a fresh copy. I had to install version 1.2.1 first then updated with version 1.3. If I installed the 1.3 version first I found it asks for a previous install, so I found the only way to do it was to install 1.2.1 first, then the new 1.3 version.

:break: