Maschine's Idea View as Session View/Performance mode for Reaper

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by justsomerandomdude, Jun 9, 2022.

1. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Platinum Record

Just started playing around with Idea View in NI Maschine (software not hardware unit don't have one yet) as a plugin in Reaper, which has patterns for track or group.
    The routing is a lil bit of work for MIDI, Audio I haven't tried yet.
    Anyone here use this type of work flow. Share your thoughts.
    (Even if u use other Linear DAWs like Cubase etc. which does not have a non-linear setup)

3. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Works fine for me in Live, the routings are a hassle on first try, but having separate templates for standalone and plugin helps a lot. Both for audio & MIDI (I use both).

It'll take a while to get used to triggering things on the Maschine from a DAW. In short: you can trigger scenes but not individual patterns. If you use the direct interface from the software (using the controller or not) then this becomes a second nature, you select the tracks/patterns to play and when happy just create a new scene.

4. justsomerandomdude

Yeah thats the same problem im having. But as you mentioned u use live, i think u dont even have to worry about this, as u already have session view.
    Thats the main reason i moved away from Live after 10 years now in Reaper since May 2020 2yrs completed. I love everything from Reaper only downside i have with it is the session view.

5. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

O fuk my failing memory, someone did implement a session view in Reaper... I wish I could remember it.

6. justsomerandomdude

Yeah its called playtime for Reaper, but its not good as it should be has its own flaws, but v2 is on the way i think. Waiting for that to happen to buy it.