Maschine_Ableton Live_Bidule Configuration[ReWired]

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by Pinkman, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Once you setup JACK make sure to enable more than the initial 2 inputs and 2 outputs.

http://music.tutsplus.com/articles/working-with-internal-audio-routing-jack-audio--audio-20601

Install and Setup for OS X
    [​IMG]
    Jack Pilot for OS X
    After having downloaded and installed JACK OS X, we can begin to configure it. Just like with the PC and Linux setup, we need to know the appropriate program to open to use JACK on OS X. While it was called Jack Control before, on OS X it is called Jack Pilot. It can be found in your applications folder.

After Jack Pilot is open you will want to follow the following steps for a basic setup:

• With Jack Pilot open go to the top left portion of the screen and go to Jack Pilot>Preferences.
    • Once inside the preferences, go to Driver and make sure it is set to CoreAudio.
    • For Input and Output, make sure each is set to your desired hardware interface, just as the PC and Linux setup.
    • Save your preferences, and in Jack Pilot start the Jack Server.
    • Go to your DAW and choose Jack Router as your audio device.
    • Back in Jack Pilot and under Routing, insure you are routing your DAW out to the hardware interface.
    If you are having issues hearing JACK on OS X, go to your Audio MIDI setup and try setting your audio input and output to JACK. If you want to listen to YouTube with JACK, for example, you will need to do this.

[​IMG]

2. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Launch the Jack server first then open Ableton and set the Audio device to JackRouter then enable as many inputs and outputs as you need.
    I set 32 ins, 2 main outs to my monitors + 8 extra outs in Ableton to route back into Maschine for resampling.
    Launch Maschine and set the Audio device to JackRouter and again setup your I/O.
    Launch Jack Control and go to Connect.
    You should see something similar to this.
    upload_2016-7-13_19-36-25.png

From here you can connect your OUTs on the left to your INs on the right. Clicking the arrow will expand the client list if you want to individually route things but clicking the client name e.g. Readable Client Maschine 2 and then clicking Writable Client Ableton Live 9 Suite and then pressing the Connect button on the bottom left will automatically do connect all available outs to ins for the selected clients.

I connect all 32 Maschine OUTs to all 32 Ableton INs
    upload_2016-7-13_19-43-37.png

I connect Ableton OUTs 1&2 to System INs 1&2 which is my main monitor output.
    upload_2016-7-13_19-46-2.png

Then I connect remaining Ableton OUTs 3-10 to my Maschine 2 INs 1-8
    upload_2016-7-13_19-50-38.png

You can connect multiple OUTS to a single IN.

Attached Files:

3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Whenever you use this setup make use to launch the programs in the appropriate order.
    JACK Server.
    DAW/Audio Programs
    Jack Control.
    If launched correctly your connections will remain intact so there's no need to setup again unless you need to reconfigure.

Not sure how it looks on OSX but on Windows, you know that the server has launched properly when you see:
    "InitTime : multimedia timer resolution set to 1 milliseconds" In a terminal window.

upload_2016-7-13_20-1-38.png

One thing to note is you can still send MIDI out from Maschine to Ableton even if it's being run as a plugin.
    i.e Load Maschine as plugin in Ableton. Load Ctrlr in Maschine.