MASCHINE or MASCHINE MIKRO

Discussion in 'PC' started by korgrog, Jul 4, 2012.

1. korgrog

korgrog Member

Hi everyone I need your help and experience , Native instruments has put MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO on sale

I was thinking of getting one of them ,but before but they were too expensive , but now they are in my reach

I would like to know if they are worth it, if you have used and like them, or after a while, you just use it to set your pizza on

If you have alternate suggestions I would appreciate those also

Thank you korgrog

3. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

I'd say go for the Mikro for portability. But if you live near a music store that has the original in stock, try that first. For people who do a lot of automation and sound manipulation, micro doesn't have enough knobs to be productive. If you simply use the presets already provided, the mikro is for you.

4. sjcongo

sjcongo Member

Hello ! The Micro is the best option: more cheap, more compact, more portable... The normal hdw is simply too big! The rubber is much better and the usb port is also improved not to mention the micro new roms with updated firmware...
    For live situatuions the big one and for studio use the micro... I love mine, good luck:)

5. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Go for the original. I had both. I know you never had any, so it doesn't apply. The Mikro is a little smaller, but the original Maschine is quicker.

6. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Both aren't that big or heavy, so portability will not be an issue with the original Maschine.

7. lisapower

lisapower Member

i also want to recoment the Arturia Spark! it's just Amazing!

cheers

8. nick1980webb

nick1980webb Newbie

I have maschine id go full phat for workflow

9. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

Well, interesting question for me would be if it also works with some other NI products recommened by Assign... :dancing:

10. sofakingkiller

sofakingkiller Newbie

its a no brainer at the price difference its at now. get the big maschine if you've got the money you won't regret it. with the mikro on the other hand there will be some annoyances. As for using products by assign you won't be able to use any NI cracked software with a legit maschine unless you know the whole offline work around.

Im a mikro owner who didn't wanna drop another 300 bucks on more knobs and buttons but now im looking to trade my mikro.

11. audio81

audio81 Newbie

maschine has been out a few years now, one suspects maschine 2 is on the horizon, probs best to wait for now ?

12. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

Hard to tell. I would say go for Mikro. It doesn't seem like hardware will change soon, unless the current poses dead end with software upgrade.

13. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

Get the real one !

Micro sucks there is a lot of realtime controlers missing.

I bought micro and sold it after a week to buy the real one.

14. 16Squarez

16Squarez Newbie

Get the Maschine, NOT the Mikro. It REALLY isn't that huge (The Maschine), it's just as portable as an MPC (give or take). I love my maschine!! I've boght ALL the NI Expansions too. My boy HAD the Mikro, and brought it over to my studio too. I've had Maschine, and tried tellin him before he bought the Mikro, but we compared the 2 side by side. Mikro is GREAT IMO if u have Maschine (big guy) and wanna take projects on the go with a laptop or something. The best thing to do in my opinion, is go to youtube, or google and type in "Maschine Vs Maschine Micro". The micro didn't have close to as much workflow (Controlls) as the big guy. Anyways, my boy sold his Mikro and bought the Maschine. It really has to do with what options you want, and whats best for you and your workflow. Hit me up by PM if u'd like my "411" on how any of the expansions are.