Maschine Mk2 controller not showing up in Maschine preferences?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by aurochs, Oct 14, 2015.

1. aurochs

aurochs Newbie

Hello!
    I recently purchased a used NI Maschine MK2 controller. I am using a cracked version of Maschine 2.3.1 on OSX Yosemite 10.10.5. The controller does not appear in the controller editor or the Maschine software's preferences hardware tab. When I plug in the controller it just shows the logo on the screen and does not respond. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, I've read on a similar thread that I need drivers installed for this to work. Where can I download drivers and where should they be located on a mac? Thank you for your time and have a beautiful day!

3. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Sure you got the MKII Controller Driver installed?

4. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

I have a feeling (maybe wrong) that you can not use machine controller (if controller needs access to internet to register) with cracked software, I think I read this here on the forum in the past, try using the forum search function

5. LordFunky

LordFunky Ultrasonic

I use a maschine mikro MKII hardware everyday with cracked maschine software. Machine Software propose to install driver. Select correct hardware during install.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  6. aurochs

aurochs Newbie

If I already installed and haven't run the driver separately beforehand, will running the driver now work or will it notify native instruments? Should I uninstall, run the driver installation, and then reinstall?
    Thank you everyone for your time

7. DKB

DKB Producer

Try updating the firmware of Maschine as that's not included in the software installer or drivers . I've had this problem before and I tried reinstalling the software but then had to update the firmware aswell . That's what native instruments told me to do now everything runs fine

8. aurochs

aurochs Newbie

Were you using a cracked copy of Maschine 2? Do you know where can I find the firmware? Thank you for your time!

9. DKB

DKB Producer

Download the Maschine device updater from native instruments mate and your all good to go it update the controller firmware . Google it . I'm running legit Maschine 2 . You don't have to be registered to download it
    Also if you've purchased a used a Maschine the previous owner should have removed the serials from his account for software and hardware so you can register.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  10. DKB

DKB Producer

11. TwistedCycles

TwistedCycles Member

I don't know why but one sing is sure: cracked Maschine works flawlessly with my Maschine mkII controller. then you can make it for sure. Sorry for no help.

12. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Sounds like he just needs to download the firmware (control driver, editor and such). Once he does, he'll be fine.

13. aurochs

aurochs Newbie

I downloaded the device updater, connected my controller and ran the device updater, but nothing is showing up in the device updater. Any ideas? Thank you everyone for your time and ideas thus far.

14. aurochs

aurochs Newbie

I tried installing the drivers and now the Maschine 2 software is in demo mode. I'm gonna try replacing the plug in with a cracked one again the AU, VST, and application folders.

15. DKB

DKB Producer

reinstall maschine software , delete all files and do a clean install of patched files now youve updated the device the firmware up to date maschine will then scan the hardware again
    also like i said you should be able to register it with native instruments if the previous owner has removed the hardware for his service centre and account .thats what i did when i sold my mk1 maschine controller before i purchased maschine studio

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  16. aurochs

aurochs Newbie

I deleted the files and folders listed bellow and then reinstalled maschine 2, updated to 2.0.6, but the controller is still not showing up in the controller editor. Do you think one of the folders I deleted when trying to uninstall maschine messed something up with the firmware? Again, thank you for so much of your time I really appreciate the help.
    • Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Instruments > *Product Name* (folder)
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.*Product Name*.plist
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-ins > Components > *Product Name*.component
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-ins > VST > *Product Name*.vst
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Plug-ins > *Product Name*.dpm
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-ins > *Product Name*.aaxplugin
    • Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > *Product Name* (folder)
    • Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.*Product Name*.plist
    • Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > *Product Name* (folder)

17. DKB

DKB Producer

Update Maschine to latest patch 2.31 that should sort it out . I had the same problem in 2.06 . Also the firmware stays on the Mac mine never deleted after uninstall and reinstall.

18. aurochs

aurochs Newbie

Sorry I forgot to mention I updated to 2.3.1 after the 2.0.6 update. I used the organ1c version. Should I have kept the controller unplugged during the updates?

19. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Yes, you should! During install/update the hardware has to be plugged off.
    Don`t know what you`re doing ... follow the proper install routine and everything will be set.
    As long as you use a unlocked Maschine software. For a legit use you would need to re-register the controller.

20. DKB

DKB Producer

You should register your hardware in the service centre and ni account like I said the previous owner should have had the hardware serial removed from his account so you can register

21. aurochs

aurochs Newbie

I tried deleting all the files again and reinstalling with the controller unplugged. Updated to 2.0.6 and then to 2.3.1. Opened Maschine 2 in standalone, plugged in the controller, still not showing up in hardware preferences tab. Opened controller editor, the "connect" button is still not active on the Mk2 tab. Should I have had the controller plugged in when I first ran Maschine 2 in standalone?
    If I use the NI service center will NI know that I'm using cracked software? Is the serial number that I would be using to register it just the one on the bottom of the controller?
    Thanks again for all your input guys