Maschine Mk1 No Software Install Process

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by MaschineMeUp, Feb 12, 2019.

1. MaschineMeUp

MaschineMeUp Newbie

Hey,

Firstly, forgive the newbie question and I apologise to the regular posters as it seems to be a common occurrence (Boy likes music, boy wants to have a play with machine hardware, boy buys machine with no software, boy does some research on NI software and realises he's f*cked up.) So I am looking for some clarification on something if you can help.

Essentially I bought a very cheap MK1 Machine, coming tomorrow, it comes with no software. The seller is not able to transfer any details over to me as he claims he does not have. I thought hardware serial was enough until I had completed more research, he wont be de-registering, he says that this leads to his software becoming inactive and he cant just release the hardware.

Anyway, I figure I am not a complete fool (hopefully), NI is a no go but I can probably find a cracked version of the software and still have a play. So I have had a read around but I am unsure where to start. I am on Mac OS. When I am hunting through sistersite I am not sure what my start point is. As I wont have any version 1.0.0 to start and the options seem to be all updates, could I for example jump in and just download a file named something like >
    Native Instruments Maschine 2 v2.6.9 UNLOCKED MAC

or do I need to find an alternative start point? If so where and what kind of naming convention do they have?

This also comes in quite light so I assume I have to download some content, am I looking for additions like -
    Native Instruments Maschine 2 Factory Library v1.3.2 Update macOS-Cashmere

Any help, most gratefully received.

3. MaschineMeUp

MaschineMeUp Newbie

So have done some more reading, see I have to get Native.Instruments.Maschine.2.v2.0.0-R2R and then update from there. However I cannot find Native.Instruments.Maschine.2.v2.0.0-R2R for mac os on the sister site. Any non direct points in the right direction would be appreciated.