Maschine 2 Hardware Optimisation

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by armyofone, Jun 9, 2014.

1. armyofone

armyofone Newbie

Whadup brothers and sisters

Armyofone back in the house. Hope all you are well and you're busy making some slamming tunes.

I just got my hands on a Maschine Studio recently and never having used it before I've spent the last few days locked away accustomising myself to the beast. The issue I'm having is that I don't know if I have unlocked all of it's features yet or not. I do have a legit copy of Maschine 2 but am using the K'd v2.1 R2R app as I installed all of 0rgan1c's expansions with it. Well they all installed as factory expansions except for True School which I'm not sure why not but that's a minor hitch in the scheme of things.

I just wanted to ask if it was usual that I am not able to use some of the NI Instruments with Mashine. For instance in Instruments I have Absynth and can use the presets from it but Massive is there yet will not load any preset and FM8 does not show up at all if it's supposed to. I have Kontakt and all of the Kontakt libraries working too. Thats all I have for NI so I'm not sure if I'm missing anything Instruments wise but I was wondering if Massive isn't able to be loaded using the K'd versions. I am on the latest K'd versions of each NI app so on Massive 1.4.0 R2R as of now.

Also there aren't as many Sounds as there are expansions. Is that normal too? Please excuse my ignorance as I've just got my hands on it and Maschine is definitely gonna take some time to master. Gonna be playing with it for the next few days nonstop until I fly out I think.

Thanks in advance for any help.

3. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

i plan to write up some amazing tutorial about maschine but what you want to look at is your plugin & library folder in the preferences setting.

Pretty much add your vstplugins folders to maschine & all is well!!

4. armyofone

armyofone Newbie

Hey Intro how's it going bro.

Massive is actually listed in the plug-ins tab in Preferences but oddly it won't let me use it's sounds. Every time I try to select a preset it says 'Could not load 1 or more plugin.'

Is there anything I need to do with the 'Default Config' folder option? When I select it asks to select a default preset for Massive.

FM8 is also in the plugins folder but doesn't show up in the Instruments bank at all.

5. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

what OS are you running.. If you use a 64bit maschine use the 64bit vst plugins

For fm8 are you going to the:
    sounds menu
    clicking the + sign
    then native instruments
    then fm8?

6. armyofone

armyofone Newbie

Running 10.9.3. Using 64 bit plugins for both. Weird as I can add Massive and FM8 through the sounds option on the software but the presets won't play or show up in the hardware. Is it worth reinstalling either of these and seeing if it works? Don't understand why the Instrument presets aren't showing up on the hardware.

7. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

have you tried a fresh restart?
    Did you do a recan?

I could help you more but my maschine(well the studio maschine lol) is set at my studio and you can guess where i'm at lol...Home Sweet Home :wink:

8. armyofone

armyofone Newbie

Ha no worries. It figures the maschine studio would be in your studio :wink:

Did a fresh restart and rescan. No luck.