Maschine 2 Factory library missing sounds (plugins)

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by Massiva, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Massiva

Massiva Newbie

Hi all,

Trying to get the full Maschine 2 factory library fully working. Maschine 2 is R2R version and the Library downloaded from NI (and installed 1.1.0 library update to test aswell).

Using a lot of sounds from the factory library give me 'Could not load 1 or more plugins' followed by error message 'Unable to load slot D:/(Lib folder)/..filename.nmsv'. Other sounds load perfectly every time. The actual sound files are available in the correct locations.
    The versions and registration by R2R are running fine and i tried installing on several folder locations (including the default NI one) without improvement. I run x64 mode only and all VST's are x64 also. Manually changing to the factory library folder also does not change this odd behavior.

I am sure lots of you guys run Maschine 2.1.2 with the stock library. The solution for legit users is to update all the plugins via Service center and that should work. For us that is not an option (i assume) so for all users here, how did you get the factory library fully operational or is that just impossible?

Regards and happy tuning

Massv

3. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

i have had similair problems with maschine legit, check your vsts location and make sure you add it and rescan, dont know if that is the problem here but might help...

4. Massiva

Massiva Newbie

@TheA : My VST's load perfectly fine. It is just the Factory Library which misses sounds. I still tried rescanning and changing the location folder without luck.

BTW; tested with R2R library release aswell as original library from NI. Both also tested with 1.1.0 update.

No luck. Am i the only one who has this issue? I doubt it. (have the same thing on my laptop).

5. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I had the same problem on my Mac. It's not an issue with the library but more with the plugin management as mentioned earlier. Since you cannot tell this stupid fucking Maschine 2 Software to NOT use AudioUnits, I deleted the path to the VST Plugin Folder. Because otherwise you have every plugin twice in your list.

But with this config, Maschine cannot load the plugins included in certain Group patches, because they all want to use the VST Versions.

So I just created a Folder called "Maschine VST" in my Plugins Folder and copied Massive and Reaktor to it. Next, I just set the Path to that in Maschine 2 Options and restarted the App. (Because otherwise this stupid piece of software doesn't show the newly added plugins)

6. Massiva

Massiva Newbie

Found the solution!

I bought my Maschine hardware without license (previous owner wanted it). I never thought about installing Massive AND Maschine.

After installing Massive i got another error "a file could not be found at its original location" and that was solved by uninstalling the factory library and reinstalling it.

Thanks for your thoughts and helpful insights!

Solved :)

7. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

This thread (among others) here helped me. To make it clear (as it wasn't to me at first), trying all of the solutions seemed to help in this order.

I installed and updated everything that I wanted to use. I suggest starting with Maschine, then Massive, and all of the Reaktor stuff. Those three weren't loading at different times when I selected sounds from the Instruments lists on the Browser. I wanted to load sounds/instruments from my hardware, and I kept getting the 'can't load plug-in' or 'unable to load slot' error messages. Then, you want to make sure to locate and scan all of the VSTs that you wish to use. I use both AUs and VSTs. Do what works for you. It just seems that Maschine wanted these things loaded in a particular order. I had them all before I tried using them in Maschine. But, after purchasing it and the software, I had to re-install (didn't uninstall anything).

I hope that helps somebody.