Maschine 2 database relocation from Win to Mac 10.10 Help Needed

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by babybrown, Sep 4, 2015.

1. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

Been trying to find a way to migrate from windows seven to Yosemite (10.10.3) with Maschine 2.3. My USER LIBRARY is on a fat32 formatted external HDD which is being read just fine.

but when I drop the old komplete.db3 database file into the folder hierarchy on Yosemite all the old locations for my hundreds of Lib files come up with a windows drive letter prefix. OSX does not seem to use drive letters and also uses ':' between address locations instead of'\' like windows.

I have been researching for at least two days now and I cannot find any other way to do this than by manually reassigning each of the hundreds of folders individually through the Maschine 2 USER LIBRARY preferences by clicking on their folder icon and navigating via the Apple FINDER window... :facepalm:

This sucks. Has anyone out there had any success relocating in this fashion?

BTW, Everything else seems to be working including my old mbox 2 (using legacy 9.3 driver - not the newest one)

3. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

Actually working on a fix for this right now and it's looking good so will post back when I know that it works..!

4. huschiwuschi

huschiwuschi Kapellmeister

found a solution ?