Maschine 2.4.5 Update

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by Pinkman, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

MASCHINE 2.4.5 OUT NOW!
    Available now, MASCHINE 2.4.5 brings a new set of power features to MASCHINE’s sampling capabilities. Current MASCHINE 2 software owners can update for free – get the most from the ever-evolving world of MASCHINE – your workflow accelerator.

Still on MASCHINE 1.x? Update now to take advantage of features designed to make your production workflow faster and more intuitive than ever.

A NEW WAY TO SLICE
    MASCHINE’s Manual slicing mode now features a new, intuitive way to work with your samples. Now, you can insert slice points on MASCHINE’s pads while the sample is playing – an ultra-fast and intuitive way to start turning a sample into your next beat.

[​IMG]
    MASCHINE TruTorials - Slice It Live

VARIABLE SCENE LENGTH AND USER DEFAULT PRESETS
    [​IMG]
    VARIABLE SCENE LENGTH
    Set Scene length independent of the length of your patterns.
    [​IMG]
    USER DEFAULT PRESETS
    The ‘Save As Default’ function lets you save your favorite plug-in settings as defaults.
    ALSO NEW IN MASCHINE 2.4.5
    • Export audio in AIFF format
    • Scene Export: Split by Scenes lets you export individual scenes for use as audio loops
    • Automatically export the entire song range without setting a loop range first
    • Eraser Tool now deletes a divider between slices instead of merging two slices
    • Browse by product group (category /vendor) via MASCHINE STUDIO
    • Remove all slices at once directly from the MASCHINE hardware to start again from scratch
    • Directly access audio and MIDI settings from the regular preferences dialog
    • "Pattern Grid" renamed to “Arrange Grid” and moved below the Group List in the software
    • In the Slicer, "Manual" mode is now the default
    • Added a field in preferences for custom names for export
    • "Slice" Button renamed to "Split" and turns into "Slice" when a slice is played back
    • Added a Loop control to the Transport in the software to enable and disable Loop playback
    • Browse directly from KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard using the new Hardware Browse mode

3. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

IMPORTANT NEWS FROM N.I.
    The MASCHINE 2.4.5 update uploaded to Service Center on Tuesday contains a critical issue that affects certain third-party plug-ins. A new version, 2.4.6, fixes this issue and is available to all MASCHINE 2 software users. Please upgrade to this new version as 2.4.5 will not be supported. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

4. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

great, now you slice samples just like you can with mpc since over 10 years!

Ok, now it truly is better then live lite

Although not my thing at all, it looks really cool

Also the material of the pads, it amazingly feels just like tits

Knobs like nipples, how did they do that?

im impressed NI Ergonomics departments did their research

5. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

...they don't taste half bad either.

6. K33F

K33F Newbie

I'm excited for this update. I use Maschine standalone once I set my samples through Ableton. If only you could run Maschine as a VST without it being squashed into that little window I would probably use it like that more. Still, this update brings a few things that will defintely be helpful.

7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Does suck that there's no Full-Screen option, only S/M/L when run as a plugin.
    Not sure if it'll help but I've run Live (and other DAWs) then Maschine standalone (Full-Screen) together. Maschine only outputs a single stereo channel this way but you can record this channel into your DAW.
    If you install virtual MIDI cables you can get Maschine transport controls for your DAW working too.

Configuring Plogue Bidule as a go between negates everything I just said and you get Maschine standalone functionality with as many MIDI/Audio channels as you want and host transport controls.

8. Spacely

Spacely Producer

Yeah I agree on the full screen option is needed. MPC software lets you go full screen.

9. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

I just wish they made an update that addresses the midi feedback loop when playing in a host that started since version 2. Sometimes I feel like the more they move forward the more they move backwards. More bells and whistles are great but it doesn't address the very basic fundamental issue that it is meant to be a supplement to a DAW and really doesn't work that well when playing with other hosts. @Pinkman would you mind sharing your setup with Plogue? Even a few photos would be incredibly helpful. I tried to figure it out on my own and was having the most difficult time.

I really wish they had a way that would erase the midi and write it to your DAW at the same time. That would be revolutionary in terms of workflow.

10. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

@thethirdperson Yeah, brother. The setup I have now is insanely convoluted as it incorporates Bitwig and Reason as well as Live and Maschine and is spread over two different workstations. And that's at the loft, where I'm not. I'll make up another here in a minute with just Live and Maschine. It will also require NYRV Agent or Blue Cat's Remote Control in order to transmit MIDI CC messages.

Forgive the late reply.
    I seemed to have blown some neuron fuse when I heard some musician yesterday spout some indifferent, irreverent nonsense about musical instruments and their value.
    I spent the rest of the night being intimate with mine.

11. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

It's all good dude, I have been trying to figure out workarounds for a minute and they make it so over zealously complicated. I have a feeling it's cause they are going to turn it into a full fledged DAW with 3 that they will ram down everyone's throat. I have figured out quite a few things involving a pretty easy work around using scene changes and recording directly to Studio One without having to go into Maschine or using Virtual MIDI cables. I also managed to do something where I routed the midi from Maschine to FL Studio's Step sequencer using patcher which is pretty nifty! Either way I'll probably do a full write up on the Studio One workaround when I have the chance.

No rush man though man on your end, I've managed to learn a lot of really interesting things without really having meant to. Cheers though and good looking out =)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  12. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

Word man I appreciate it! I use mostly S1 nowadays I figured out the thru stuff on my own through many errors where I lost some hearing =P but I'm gonna post a short write up and a really interesting workaround that allows you to be able to use your step sequencer as intended without having it act funny =)

13. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Wow, this sound overly complicated and a bit redundant due to the fact that Maschine supports drag and drop Audio and MIDI.

I'd Just setup a multiple output Version of Maschine and route the individual outputs and setup the midi out and ins as well as the MIDI Batch Setup once and save it as a Template. Routing individual outs to a DAW gives you better results sonically as well. I don't know why, but routing individual outs instead of Maschine doing the summing just sounds more defined. Try it.

14. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

It's designed to be a workaround to drag-and-drop. It's also exponentially more useful for generative shit.

You're not wrong though.
    We do all save multiple templates for these kinds of setups right?
    Because we absolutely should.

15. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

No, just ONE that works and evolves! ;)

16. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I guess I'm a pack-rat then.
    You don't want to see my as-of-yet-unused-melody bin.
    [​IMG]
    These are binary MIDI files converted to .txt and printed.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016