Marketing For 3rd Party Products

Discussion in 'Education' started by Meteo Xavier, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Meteo Xavier

Meteo Xavier Ultrasonic

I'm aware of and appreciate the irony of asking for marketing advice on a forum largely composed of people who pirate this stuff for free, but I don't have the same mainstream mindsets as most people and I find this board, and the music pirates thereof, are actually much better for my inquiries than forums filled with conventional-only thinking professionals and wannabes.

Anyway, I've wanted to dip my toes into making and selling my own brand of presets and sounds for a few years and I'd been working on a product off and on throughout that time (I would've had it done a long time ago if circumstances allowed me) and now that I'm pretty close to finishing it and have gathered online stores that would have a good chance of selling it, I'm wondering how exactly I can advertise and market it to get the word out.

The context for this question includes the fact that I have marketing experience with other online creative pursuits and are somewhat familiar with the most obvious things to do - Facebook ads, Youtube ads and whatever potential offers the stores themselves might offer me. What I'm trying to sell is just a small thing to start with: 60-80 Multis for Omnisphere 1.5 and 2.x with a variety of sounds that aren't what I typically find in other peoples' libraries (everyone seems to want to make bread-and-butter sounds, this is the opposite of that) for $5.00 and let it see how it does and if it can build me some additional cash over time. I have some money I can spend on advertising and marketing for it, but as I'm not trying to start a big company or anything, dropping $1,000+ in advertising it would be foolish.

I was probably also going to leak it to AudioZ myself, as I feel piracy for products is simply inevitable and I'd rather just do it myself and build a decent camaraderie with music pirates instead of doing what other enterprising entities do and treat them like the enemy. I do not subscribe to the business theory that "why buy the cow when I can get the milk for free?" always applies.

Other than what I have written here, what are some things I can do or services I can use that could help me get the word out for my Omnisphere library release?

Thank you!