Mariah Carey Heartbreaker Clavinet

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by anthony doyle, May 25, 2021.

1. anthony doyle

anthony doyle Kapellmeister

Hi, I was just wondering if this is a specific preset on a synth for this clavinet sound. Sound is at 18 seconds.

I have uploaded the original song that is sampled , not the more famous Mariah Carey version. Here the Mariah Carey version is below.

3. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

i'd probably dial in Waves - Clavinet for the hunt.. closest I can think of.. maybe there's more..

4. anthony doyle

anthony doyle Kapellmeister

Looks really cool The setting you think sounds like it is called "Clavinet for the hunt" ?

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

well if the 99 version samples the 1982 version, start there. no?

So the original album Sneakin' Out by Stacy Lattisaw (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneakin'_Out). Interesting, Randy Jackson played bass on that one. But the keys and synths were done by Narada Michael Walden and Frank Martin. Walden built his own studio in 1985, can you find any gear list of his from this period? Even then, you can't rule out them having access to some really nice machines like a Synclavier, even in 1982. although that might not be a realistic guess due to the great expense involved.

6. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

This doesn't sound like a real clavinet, must be a synth with narrow pulse wave through a meaty phaser effect like the Small Stone.