manufacture a line of midi controller/keyboards?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by EddieXx, Aug 12, 2021.

1. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

In the past I have started a couple of viable businesses mostly within media and other branches but they never involved any direct manufacturing.

now Im planning to test the waters to see if i eventually can start producing a couple of lines of music hardware

First though, i would like to start by realizing a prototype of the most "simple" idea i have, it’s essentially a classic midi keyboard in two sizes, small portable and regular size 61 keys.

There are tons of these out but, i have some specific takes that are not existent right now. That would help me establish a line of work to follow in the future with other products.

So, Im a bit curious if any of our excellent members here is, or has been involved in taking a physical musical product, preferable a midi gadget from idea to finished product.

i felt why not post here among so many fellow musicians. ill be glad to hear any serious meant comments from people with either practical experience or indirect gained knowledge in this area. it doesn’t have to be extensive

My thoughts circle around

1- Prototype Design - Done
    2- Working prototype manufacturing, how?,by who?
    2- Pitching the idea to existent brands? vs Manufacture yourself a smaller series?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021