Manually update Push 2 firmware?

Discussion in 'Live' started by Pippy 0, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Pippy 0

Pippy 0 Newbie

I've never had a legit version of Live, and apparently they had a firmware go out sometime during Live 11. Now that I've updated to Live 12, my push 2 is not working. Apparently the push firmware update only gets sent in online versions of Live. Do I need to find a version of Live 11 lite? Or is there some other way I can manually update my push 2?

3. Pippy 0

Pippy 0 Newbie

Here is a thread relevant to my issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/s/3ShCyRMZ5P

And this comment for the fix:

"Based on your remark it got me thinking that it was maybe a firmware thing. Like you I hadn't used Live and the Push 2 for quite a while. My last version of Live that the Push had connected to was 10.x.x. The Push 2 firmware gets updated by Live, but apparently not whey there's a communication issue. That actually creates a situation whey you can't even check the firmware version of the Push.
    So I decided to give installing one of the Live 11 Lite versions I have available in my Ableton account. As soon as I booted the Push under Live 11 it offered me a firmware upgrade. After that I tried Live 12 again and now it's working just like it should!"