Mangled Saved Track

Discussion in 'Live' started by reziduchamp, Oct 28, 2018.

1. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Producer

I have a track that I've saved that won't open up random plugins (Analog, FabFilter Pro-R and a couple of others). Weird thing is those plugins open in other saved tracks, so there's nothing wrong with them, so I put it down to the latest save and tried opening up earlier saves, at the point where I hadn't even used Analog. Same errors, Analog cannot be found. There were no faults at that stage either.

Uninstalled Ableton. Upgraded from 10.0.1 to 10.0.5. No joy.

This track seems to be full of errors already so maybe its mangled - gutted if it is.

Any ideas how to fix it? I seem to remember some kind of preferences file to delete or something.

3. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Producer

Bit more feedback. I've done a clean install and some of the later tracks won't load at all. Earlier backup saves from months ago will load, so they got mangled somehow, but kept on saving.

4. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Producer

I have installed JBridge recently and its since then that the files got mangled. I'm wondering if that could be the cause. I've installed it again and no joy. Other tracks seem to load up fine, so its hard to work out what has gone wrong and when.

5. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Producer

Turns out I have a whole batch of files that won't open in my music PC, but on a clean install without any plugins the files will open.

I think that pretty much confirms its a plugin that is causing the failure. I guess the next step is another format and install one plugin at a time until the offender pops its head up. Nightmare few days of shitty PC work then probably....

6. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Producer

Found the offender by deleting VST folders until it would boot. It was Arouser.

7. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

8. Now just think where you'd be if you didn't have Audiosex.pro to fall back on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Producer

Still wouldn't let me add extra fx. I managed to rebuild the track that was mangled by saving groups (Bass, Drums etc) into the User Library, opening a new track and dropping them back in. Now it lets me add plugins again. Still don't know what went wrong. Wish I'd done that in the first place instead of formatting. *tut*

10. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record

Sometimes computers do strange things :welcome:

11. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Producer

I think the audio community should compile a list of things to do before formatting, so we can all print reminders to check before we do stupid things. ("have you tried turning it off and on again")

12. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record

Great idea man, is your idea, i think you can lunch a thread about that :wink:
    Recently i has a problem with S1 4, he blocked at the plugins scanning, after somes helps here, one guys says it was a graphic card problem, use this version v3.88 and it was that, if you lunch this thread i will put just what i say, just as a remember :hifive: