manducator - dubtechno

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by manducator, Mar 27, 2015.

1. manducator

manducator Member

[media]https://soundcloud.com/manducator/dub-2015-master[/media]

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks for listening!

3. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

I like the second half... slightly Pink Floydish :) ; the first part is somehow dry for my taste.

Thanks for sharing :grooves:

4. manducator

manducator Member

Thanks, I never ever saw a similarity between my music and Pink Floyd but man, what a compliment!!

How would you change it?

Thanks for your time!

5. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

uh... I wouldn`t dare :)

But if You insist, I will tell You how I see/here/feel this kind of music: "Some kind of endless repetitive rhythm with some cool effects and a few interesting synth sounds"

I miss a melody line, a melodic theme that will catch my attention, a rhythm that will make me moove... this is just too repetitive for my taste.

ps.
    Please don`t get offended; I am well over 40 and play mainly Blues, Jazz, Latin Jazz, Bossa; so that explains hopefully my antiquate point of view :bow:

6. manducator

manducator Member

Mmh yeah. The genre is pretty minimal. Stuff like this (20 years old!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6Ry4Oru0s

I'm 42... Dubtechno existed already when I was 20.

Replying in this manner to a topic about music that isn't really your cup of tea, proves that you are a great guy. :mates:

7. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

I just love music, and love to talk about it... love to share ideas on how to approach composing.

It is immensely interesting to analyse how certain rhythms, progressions, instruments, sounds, affect our behaviour, mood, thoughts...

... As I can here, this "dubstep" thing ( :) ) is done mostly using the PC... I hate it!!! ... and love it the same time... it is one of those things that I hate but can not live without (using a pc).
    The problem to me, when making music on a PC, is that the monitor in front of me steals to much attention, and prevents me from falling into "the zone".
    As much I like it for it`s practicity and the luxury of having everything I want at a push of a button, i hate it, because when I compare music that I made without a PC, and the one that I made using a DAW, they are like night and day.

Music made on a PC brings too much "compression" into our lives (compression not in the musical term... rather something like tightness, anxiety, pressure).
    On the other side, music played on "natural" Instruments makes You feel completely different...they transmit a sensation of endlessness, immensity, joy... and the music made on them (ie. on a piano or guitar) affects the mood and subsequent way of thinking in a completely different (maybe opposite) way then the one made on digital gear.

That is the reason `cause dubstep ain’t my "cup of tea"... I don`t like it, but I find it interesting enough to listen for a song or two :mates: