Making this Guitar Sound?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by abhizz, Feb 5, 2016.

1. abhizz

abhizz Newbie

Hi,

First of all thank you very much audiosex for making this section, as a beginner I got a lot of doubts.

I was Stumbled upon this "Hellberg - Better" song months ago " . Always curious what kind of guitar he used with effects. I tried few orangetreesamples guitar in kontakt, but I couldnt get the flow and nice sound he made in his song. Please help
    Song Url:
    "

3. BBSiteUser

BBSiteUser Producer

Didn't listen for too long to the YT-vid, but as a guitar player I'd go with a somewhat "Pat Metheny"-ish guitar setup - which means: an axe with Humbuckers (something like a Gibson Les Paul etc.) and both - bridge and neck - pickups activated and the tone control somewhat down to eliminate an all too sharp "bite". Add a spiffy stereo-delay, a mild shot of chorus and reverb to your liking (EQ/compress it as it fits your taste). I only tried one Nashville-Steel-thing from Orangetree ages ago, but if you've got the libraries: their Strawberry-Bundle would be my pick of choice for the above sound.

As a guitar player, I was never happy with Kontakt-guitar-sample-libs (Efimov, Scarbee ... nothing wrong with those, just not my cup of tea) which is why I went for the Ample Sound-Packages. For the Hellberg-stuff I'd use the Ample Guitar G2, a Les Paul-bundle. Still not the sound of a "real" guitar ... but quite capable.

4. abhizz

abhizz Newbie

I'm not a guitar player at all. Do things in midi keyboard