making omnisphere (+KS +Trilian) work perfectly (get the bugs out)

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by MikewithHeart, Jun 6, 2020.

1. MikewithHeart

MikewithHeart Ultrasonic

I have (3) issues with omnisphere. I think this bug is occurring since I installed Trilian (had Omni first, then keyscape, then trilian). But I#m not sure. Omni is pirates release.

1. When saving a new patch, I can not use my keyboard to edit ANY tags. I have to save the patch first, and then from browser hit the "edit tags" button, and voila, there I can type in what I want.

I don't think that is common. Any ideas?

2. browser (bug?)
    When I open up omni, in the left column clicking on directory I have omni, moog, keyscape, spotlight, trilian, etc. libraries. Everything good so far. (Picture 1)
    [​IMG]

Then I go into "Multi Browser" (center, top), suddenly I can only choose from Omnisphere, Trilian and Trilogy Libraries.
    [​IMG]

When closing that browser down, and clicking again on directory (left column, browser), I don't have all libraries from pic 1 but only the three from pic 2:
    [​IMG]
    I noticed that after this happened there was a switch between multi browser and patch browser (in that left column), of course I can change that back. Is that normal behaviour or a bug in my case?

3. I ran into the common "smoke.db" issue. I found that the file is nowhere to find. Any hints that solve the issue without the usual (download everything again, and unrar that "better"). If Pirate's release had working UL links up, Oboom would work, but as only RG is up I'd have to manually... Please have mercy ;)

Thanks in advance !

omni SF 2.6.2.c
    omni Ssources 2.6.0 c
    omni patches 2.6.0 c
    moog patches 1.4e
    keyscape Ssources 1.0.2
    Keyscape patches 1.3 c
    Keyscape creative patches 1.1 c
    Trilian Soundsources 1.0.1
    Trilian Patches 1.4.9 c
    Trilian VIP P 1.4.9 c

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2024
  3. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

me tooo I cant fix it :( i gooled cant find who it blongs to

4. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

@MikewithHeart
    Your Multis/Patches thing is not a bug, afaik. They are two different things, hence browsed for differently. Aren't Multis made from Patches?

5. demha

demha Producer

Best Answer
    As far as i know theres no multis in "Keyscape" unless there was user created multis in the Keyscape folder of STEAM.
    Check your STEAM Folder in "Spectrasonics\STEAM\Keyscape\Settings Library\Multis" location as theres is none by default.
    If you check "Spectrasonics\STEAM\Trilian\Settings Library\Multis" - There are factory and user multis
    same here "Spectrasonics\STEAM\Omnisphere\Settings Library\Multis" - There are factory and user multis

See Keyscape screenshot https://ibb.co/MnNVgQZ (no multis option)

For creating multis in omnisphere using Keyscape Patches - see the link
    https://support.spectrasonics.net/manual/Keyscape/11/en/topic/displaying-and-navigating-results

And your smoke.db issue, first check if the file is there in this folder STEAM\Omnisphere\Settings Library\Presets\Factory\Effects\Impulse Data
    If you dont have it then you havent updated the omnisphere patch library update to minimum v2.6.1c because the smoke.db was included in patch releases after that. Latest is Omnisphere Patch Library Update 2.6.3c btw.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. MikewithHeart

MikewithHeart Ultrasonic

@demha Thanks, appreciate your answer a lot! Yes you are absolutely correct about those Keyscape Multis. I guess I just have to avoid going into multi browser unless I really want to (or simply switch that directory thing back to patch browser).

And yes, the smoke.db is definetely missing in the desired place. Thanks for putting it up for me. Sadly i get 403 forbidden / ngunix error trying to open it (even when I go to zippyshare.com). i noticed that a couple of days ago, when trying to upload a wav file to the other thread. Maybe I'm being geoblocked or something. Is it possible to upload it for example to fileupload? would be much appreciated.

Do I understand correct, that when doing the complete Omnisphere Release by beloved @The Pirate the smoke.db file is missing? And I had to update to 2.6.1c? And updating according pirates instructions gives me 2.6.2c but the needed file is missing? I thought his release was "perfect", but on any step the error got in (for example bad winrar or something).

Thanks for the hint on 2.6.3c, I missed that.

7. demha

demha Producer

I'm sorry since I have'nt used pirates complete release and surely dont know if his release did or did not include the smoke.db file. The Omnisphere release that you have is 2.6.2c "plugin" which is correct but your patches version is 2.6.0 c.
    If you search for "Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2 Patches Update 2.6.1c" at sister site you can update the patches.
    Anyways the smoke file with another upload PMed.

FYI these are the current latest updates for spectrasonics if you wish to update just check sister site.

Omnisphere 2 software is 2.6.3c
    Omnisphere 2 soundsoures is 2.6.1c
    Omnisphere 2 patches is 2.6.3c

Keyscape software is 1.1.3c
    Keyscape soundsoures is 1.0.3c
    Keyscape patches is 1.3.1c

Trilian software is 1.4.5d
    Trilian soundsoures is 1.0.1
    Trilian patches is 1.4.9d

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  8. Smoove Grooves

@demha I think you should delete your link from here and give it via PM...
    It IS to do with warez, after all.

9. MikewithHeart

MikewithHeart Ultrasonic

Thanks @demha, after (obtaining and) putting the file where it belonged, it worked. Man, smoke.db is a very well used file among many presets. Now my error message is gone. Will update them all according to your advice.

10. Smoove Grooves

@demha I just matched your Likes to Messages!
    '101' !