making Music while you BBQ double tasking

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Atlantis84, Aug 24, 2023.

1. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

I do this most of the time to keep myself busy and also to take advantage of the time i have ....anybody else do this while u making music i like to BBQ between the time of making music i take breaks to make some good BBQ between the time then i get back too it .......the more i do it the more i enjoy it now it seems
    like its a part of me and my personality

3. Martel

Martel Platinum Record

Last year I prepared a few wonderful pieces of ribs. Marinated for 36 hours then dry rub and up on the grill in foil for 45 minutes each side. I was trying to mix something in between so I put a timer on my cellphone. When I open the foil, I got some incredibly juicy ribs so I opened my fridge, brought my wet rub by the side of the BBQ and put them on the cool side (where there's no charcoal) and gave them a rub on each side and close the lid.

I went back to my mix and god it sounded great but I had some issues with the bass not cutting through on monitors but being too loud in headphones. So I decided to dig in and.... yeah.

Chops.jpg

[​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. Atlantis84

nice picture I do the same i put the timer on my cellphone as well i do it with the BBQ and when im making music and that bark on your ribs looks great the color is beautiful that rub really paid off i just took a pork butt off the grill with some nice bark on it as well ....its been on the grill since 8:00 am this mourning most likely after im finish ima go right back to making music its a on and on thing with me lol

5. Martel

Martel Platinum Record

I'm happy that you like the colour. I live in a West indie / Jamaican neighbourhood and they also like their chicken and BBQ burned up. That to me was wasted BBQ. I failed hard. I just needed to smoke them real quick for the taste but I forgot them there and when I realized, it was too late.

I have not double task when bbqing since. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BBQ but I hate trash food especially when it's so expensive.

6. Atlantis84

its not burned it just sometimes the smoke gives it color and thats what bark is now u can cook it too the point that it does look like it's burnt but thats just bark but some people cook it to the point it is burnt its hard to explain here lol .....but there is a difference tho .......i never knew u was Jamaican so do you make Jamaican music i know how to make Jamaican music i just haven't did it in a while but yeah i know how to make Jamaican music

7. Martel

Martel Platinum Record

No not at all. I'm French Canadian. (Quebecois).

I just happen to live in the Jamaican district of Montreal. (But I do love Dancehall, I just never produced any but mixed a handful of projects)

Believe me, what you see on my picture is burned up ribs. I don't usually take pictures of my food but when it happen, I was actually in a remote session with someone in Ohio and I just had to take a picture so we can both laugh at my failure. I had to scrape the burned part off the ribs with a knife so I could eat some sort of meat out of those devil sticks :rofl:

8. Atlantis84

:rofl:you honesty is priceless you a great dude @Martel

9. Martel

Martel Platinum Record

I'm a good dude to good people so that makes you a good dude by association. :cheers:

10. PAskaperse

PAskaperse Member

It always end the food being burned, so not anymore

11. DontKnowJack

DontKnowJack Producer

This sounds like a dangerous way to get fat fast and/or sauce all over your instrument.