Making indie rock demos without a band advice please

Discussion in 'Rock, Metal' started by Bunford, May 11, 2021.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Ok, so I'm a guitarist and have electric and acoustic guitars and am wanting to make some fairly convincing sounding demos of tracks. For genre and style, think of bands like Oasis as the most famous example probably.

I'm looking for advice on best plugins and best kits/instruments within plugins to fill a bands needs in terms of:

- drums
    - bass guitar
    - piano
    - orchestral

Anyone got any recommendations for plugins and specific instruments within plugins to fill the above gaps?

Cheers!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. samsome

samsome Guest

I HATE VSTi INSTRUMENTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS especially for bass, guitar, drums

check EZ range toontrack or whatever its called...but for me its a headache
    EZ bass etc

4. joem

joem Producer

kontact/superior drummer
    kontact
    kontact
    kontact

5. FrankPig

FrankPig Platinum Record

For bass: Ample Sound, Toontrack EZBass, Kontakt Scarbee Rickenbacker or IK MODO

6. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

If you have a solid foundation of a song in terms of voice/guitar arrangement then I think any vsti drum, bass or piano can do the job. I recommend you Addictive Drums, Ample Sound basses, Soundiron Emotional Piano and 8Dio for orchestral stuff.

7. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Drum-wise I think it doesn't matter if you're going for Superior Drummer, BFD, or ADD2. Just choose the one you like best and have the most fun with (I would refrain from EZDrummer, though).
    Bass-wise I tend to use Modo because it comes with a huge variety of basses and you'll probably find out pretty quickly which of them fits your (sound) needs and which don't.

8. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Midi drum software is OK for prototyping, but you will eventually have to replace it with a live drummer. I chose the middle ground and use V-Drums for live input into drum software.

As for bass, get a real one as they sound good (percussive), and are great fun to play if you already have some guitar skills. Piano and orchestral doesn't really matter, just use what sounds good and fits the piece, although Pianoteq is good for latency and tweaking.

Last edited: May 11, 2021