Making accapella

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by caspertheunholyghost, Mar 27, 2013.

1. caspertheunholyghost

caspertheunholyghost Newbie

Does anyone know what would be the best way to get the vocals out of a song without having a lot of the main track still audible? I thought I could try melodyne but I am a complete rookie when it comes to this program and cant quite figure out how to take it out and save it. My DAW of choice is Ableton but I also use logic so if anyone could maybe help me out I would greatly appreciate it because I would love to do Aa remix of this song but I only need the vocals. Many thanks in advance!!!!!

3. zalbadar

zalbadar Ultrasonic

Find the song on CD or online EP where it has the song you want and the instrumental version. invert the wave form on one of them and play them together.
    as long as the volumes of the backing and the instrumental are the same they'll cancel each other out and leave a perfect accapella.

Look up destructive wave interaction for more information on why it works

4. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

This.

The bane of my existence :(

5. caspertheunholyghost

caspertheunholyghost Newbie

Thanks everyone for the quick response but the song I am looking for is out of a soundtrack and I have yet to find any instrumental of this song. This is why I asked if there might be a plug in to do this but from what you are all saying that don't seem possible. You guys might laugh but the song I am trying to remix is from the original Karate kid from the 80's and I have looked everywhere i could possibly think of for the instrumental but to no avail. The name of the song is called Young Hearts by Commuter, so if at all possible could you maybe sees if you could find an instrumental because as I already stated I have searched the internet as thoroughly as possible and with no luck whatsoever so maybe you guys might know of a place that I do not and maybe you might be able to point me in the right direction on where to find this ? If you do many thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

6. teach me plz

teach me plz Banned

This is not possible afaik