Make it legal for us to deploy rootkits, spyware, ransomware and trojans to attack pirates!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Diabulus in Musica, May 28, 2013.

1. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

if you can't beat em, join em! :lmao:

4. Bluespiral23

Bluespiral23 ex.mod

Curious precedent. Will it also become legal for private citizens to break and enter the residence or business of any capitalists or banks that are stealing from them and take everything they want as refund? :rofl:

5. urOk

urOk Member

Interesting, America known from respect for the freedom wants to turn into North Korea.

6. lonewolf000

lonewolf000 Newbie

bonkers.

7. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

Hey, I can't argue against their proposal. If I spend countless hours creating content (oh wait, I do!), I would want the same. This is why I tell my friends "Buy what you treasure". If you think something is soo "dope" that you gotta have it, but it. I know we don't all have money to spend, but work hard, make a profit and give back by licensing the tools you eat with. The toolmakers need must eat too.

8. A.Kurbel

A.Kurbel Newbie

the last sentence is the best: "or even physically destroying the hacker’s own computer"
    hopefully there will be flames or an explosion involved :D
    crazy! whats next? trying to punish the hacker with electricity from the computer!? :)

9. savadious

savadious Ultrasonic

I can see it now....
    Simple elementary school accidentally saves his favorite TV show to his laptop.... and in comes the BIG GUNS !!

[​IMG]

'MURICA !

10. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I can't imagine they are actually considering passing this. It actually ties into a story about the US military pursuing cyber offensive capabilities but that at least makes some kind of sense. This is obviously going to get out of control pretty freaking quickly and one can imagine how many mistakes will be made just as is the case with takedown requests at the moment. The entertainment industries are a bunch of useless dinosaurs that refuse to adapt to life in the digital age. Instead they should focus on not putting out so much crap at exorbitant prices as I'm sure that would help them out more than anything else. Not to mention pirates are prospective customers and I can't imagine anyone buying any of their products after being hacked.