Major scale help me understand

Discussion in 'Education' started by FrankWhite23, Jan 2, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know I was blocked, but maybe one day you would change your mind and take me out of the block.

You probably insist that he sends you his works for two main reasons:

1- How he turned the theory into practice.
    2- Listen to them and make fun of him and say that he isn't very capable.

Let me say that today's music isn't based on theory, but rather on more modern senses and combining sounds and mixing techniques non-theoretically but mostly rhythmically.

Theory-based music usually doesn't attract much of today's listeners because the expectations that today's listeners have of music aren't major concerns in theory classes.

The only solution is creating modern styles employing the theory. If you know any of them, I'd be pleased to hear one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2021
  2. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

yes I did.. I have someone im working with twice a week.. and im finally showing progress.. you can close this thread if need be

3. The Freq

The Freq Guest

I was advised funnily enough by someone moderately important here to unblock and view a certain post as it was incredibly nasty in a spoiled child way (not my words). I saw it. I am not going to bother replying.

Ok to your post - The thing is two years ago he attacked two people here that he said did not know anything. They were new to the site and guess what? - one being a Harvard Music School lecturer and the other one from Juliard. That's right he said they knew nothing. No University in the USA will touch him with a ten-foot barge pole since then. he won't tell you that. he may well not know that.

'The proof is in the pudding' a cliche yes, but true in its meaning. Same as 'actions speak louder than words' and 'walk your talk'. I do those as any decent musician does with anything I pass on.
    I just finished a CD using all the techniques I listed much earlier in this thread and much more. To be honest I thought that would be an open door for a serious musician. They'd go "Great!!, so you also are into.... and do you like?....how about?...."
    No that did not happen as it does with closed minds... some smart alec had to say nobody can write a whole tune...Bad news for whomever said that - I did and with world established musicians in real audio and with some polyrhythms one person said only a computer could play. People (myself included) sometimes make the mistake of thinking because they cannot nobody else can, which is BS. In fact, one moderator here has heard snippets. He nearly was the engineer on it.

Last, I go back to work soon, I basically come on once per year and leave because I get too busy at work. Yes, I make a living out of it doing what bugalugs says he is an expert in.

There is never one solution and never has been, that in itself is incorrect, only one solution i.e. If you are qualified do a Master's degree and if you are really adventurous, do a Doctorate, you'll find you will never say that again and that is not a slant it is a really great thing to feel- sky is the limit for those who do not get stuck in the trees :)
    Cheers

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Ok, ladies, the thread opener has his answer, shake hands and say good night to this thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List