Mainroom/Festival House track

Discussion in 'Music Releases' started by Alex Mfb, Dec 4, 2015.

?

Did you liked the track?

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Could have some improvements

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Not into this style of music

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Alex Mfb

Alex Mfb Member

Hey guys here its my new festival/main room/ however you want to call it house track:) i would like to hear some opinions on the mix,composition,general feedback! thank you! also the track its free if you want to download;)

3. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

That dynamic range though! :woot:

Well, still sounds like a WIP to me, the kickdrum in the drop is buried, the melody in the "verses" it's not supported enough by the background stuff, i mean.. there should be a better chord progression behind it which wouldn't make that synth lead stick out so.. lonely. That lead also sounds kinda too dry and lacking depth, the song overall also has a certain static feeling like there's no automation going on, on 1:43 that pitch-up effect it feels kinda steeply going up instead of a smooth rise. You could've added a fast delay with a long feedback in that region, automating the bypass to it so you would've make it act like a tonal transition FX. At 1:57 there's some clipping/distortion artifacts, check the limiter if that's the reason.
    The production lacks some "story", i mean... feels like you dropped some synths there, some drums here, some FX there and voila the song is done. I forgot the song right after the audio clip ended. I know it's not about timeless music, but still there must be something catchy and memorable about it, at least to make people remember it the next day and not necessary the next year. Act like a chef and consider the music you make being a personal recipe. When you cook for someone, you must think about how "edible" that food should get in the end, to be easily digestible, to be easy on the teeth, to be ballanced (condiments wise), not too much salt, not too less, etc. and not the least, to taste great. Your listeners are the ones who consumes your music, so make sure you "cook" it best before they can taste it.:winker:

Cheers:cheers:

4. Alex Mfb

Alex Mfb Member

Thanks for the explicit feedback..i made the tracks in two hours because of boredom! and yeah its kinda true..there was no story behind the track..just made the drums then the melody and so on,it didnt had a certain feeling to it..and i made it with a pair of philips shl3260 because im a poor african xD but thanks for the feedback once again..ill try my best on the next track:wink: