Mail server hotmail.com reported by google safe browsing

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by insaner, Feb 25, 2016.

1. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

Hi i just got this warning from google chrome browser ''attackers on sc.imp.live.com may trick you...."
    really weird, on firefox nothing happens...

Concerning, anyone else on hotmail and chrome with same message?

Edit:
    To clarify, i go to www.hotmail.com and i am being redirected to login.live.com but with alot more characters behind it. When i delete those so only www.login.live.com everything is fine...

I am not going to log-in right now...

Edit2:

Lol now the warning is disappeared...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  3. Crash Davis

Crash Davis Ultrasonic

Which OS are you are using? You must give help to get help, but I will try to help you.

The site you want (hotmail.com) has not been compromised. The problem you are having is probably caused by malware that has been around for months. It affects users of Windows.

Here is a quote from reddit.com (28 days ago):

"Just went through this for a client. Look in users/appdata/roaming for any new folders that have random names and exe's. .. you have Malware that just isn't detected yet. Also run rootkit scan - tdsskiller."

Your computer is infected (almost certainly). Of course you made a System Image -- all good users do -- so use it now to overwrite your infected OS.

If you didn't make a System Image, then scan with an anti-virus. If that fails work, however, then you need a better antivirus -- if, that is, you use an antivirus. Everybody gets infected. You should learn to make and use a System Image that is clean. If your computer gets infected, you simply use the System Image to start from fresh again. It only takes 5 minutes or so, unless your OS drive is filled with terabytes of data.

You may have acquired malware by using Firefox.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  4. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

Thanks for your comment.
    I am on OSX and the strange thing is that i have no signs of any other malware related problems.
    But who know's? i will scan some but there are not many tools out there for mac users.

So this warning message is a known ''issue'' related to malware... oke thanks for the heads up i will google for some info.

5. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

Now peeplink is also reported, this time on Firefox and Chrome....

6. jefft

jefft Producer

Yup chrome reports the same here on Peeplink, just went into settings/advanced/ privacy and turned off " protect you and your device from dangerous sites" now I don't get the warnings... but am I protected?

7. statik

statik Audiosexual

8. statik

statik Audiosexual