MAGIX Sequoia problem. I can't see vst plug-ins

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Alpha0ne, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

I have gathered too many plugins and if i want to use them they dont show up in the vst menue because they are too many so they dont fit in the menue. Any way to get the menue scrolling horizontally? or other way to see them?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/le4.png

3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Have you considered sorting them into folders? ;)

4. Me2audio

Me2audio Member

@SineWave
    that´s the solution

inside you vst folder sort the different vst brand into folders, then do a re-scan

[​IMG]

5. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Actually my plugins allways sorted. Look you here:

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/7397/yfr.png
    http://imageshack.us/a/img28/4862/n1rg.png
    http://imageshack.us/a/img163/873/ai1a.png
    http://imageshack.us/a/img534/6604/le4.png

But Sequoia does not recognise folderstructure

6. Voo

Voo Platinum Record

Go to C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Samplitude_Pro_X_Suite and open the VstPlugins config settings - it has a cog icon on it - then change the recursion and display depth to the settings highlighted:

[​IMG]

Makes sure you save the changes.

I found this on another forum.. this is for samplitude... does it work for seq ?

7. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Alpha0ne,

That's certainly the only drawback of 'MAGIX Sequoia' (as well as of 'MAGIX Samplitude') !!! *yes*

As soon that you have hundreds of Plugins installed within your system, the big 'mess' to show them all begins !!! :sad:

The question and/or advice of 'SineWave' is certainly the BEST solution at this time to manage the displaying of all your available Plugins within either 'MAGIX Sequoia', or 'MAGIX Samplitude'. *yes*

Unfortunately for you, now it's certainly a bit too late for some of these Plugins, mainly these that have your current Plugins folder(s) path(s) either registered, or written inside other files that rely on each others...
    And of course, you must to re-scan all your 'VST Plugins' folder(s) with your eventual other used DAWs for get them validated once again... and in some cases, some of these Plugins will not be re-validated again as easily as the first time that you have scanned them, thus leading you to be forced to re-install some of them !!! :sad:

I already noticed that 'MAGIX' DAWs drawback since 'MAGIX Samplitude 8', and since that moment, I always sort all my installed Plugins by alphabetically order, as follows :

Example :

'A' : 'Admiral Quality', 'AAS' (Applied Acoustic Systems),...
    'B' : 'BBE Sound', 'Blue Cat Audio',...

You can either sort them by 'Manufacturer', or by the 'Name' of the Plugin itself... choice is yours. Personally, I prefer to make that storage by 'Manufacturer', mainly because some of them have released several Plugins.

As an example for my 'Native Instruments' Plugins :

I have all these Plugins installed under : 'N' --> then inside a folder named : 'Native Instruments'.
    This way, and mainly within 'MAGIX' DAWs, you can have a dozen of 'Native Instruments' Plugins available, and this will only take the place of a folder : 'N' in your 'MAGIX Sequoia' Plugins display, that you can afterward deploy in multiple subfolders (e.g. 'Native Instruments', 'Nomad Factory', 'Novation',... ) *yes* :wink:

Hope this can eventually help you the next time that you'll start to install Plugins within a new or empty system (or after a formatting process of one of your current HDD, that you want to use with a new, clean, or 'fresh' OS/System)... :wink:

__________________________________________________________​

@ Me2audio,

That's rather ONE of the solutions... :thumbsup:

8. Me2audio

Me2audio Member

that is true :mates:

9. Me2audio

Me2audio Member

@Voo

I think it will work for Sequoia :wink: ,

you forgot to add

I also find it a good idea once you've made this setting to delete all the plug-in entries below and save the ini. Then when you re-open Samplitude it will do a rescan and the folders will be recognised. Yes it is a bit of a pain and hopefully they will improve VST plug-in management in a future version.

10. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Thnx for the replies:

@Voo: I found this answer too changed the values from 1-20 restarted, rescanned plugins. Nothing changed for me on Sequoia.

@Studio 555: As i Mentioned: My plugins are sorted in folders but Sequoia somehow does not recognise the folders as you can see on the screenshots.

But thnx anyway to all. MAybe MAGIX developers come here on to this forum and get some idea to fix it. Hey I don't want money for betatesting ;)

11. Me2audio

Me2audio Member

@ AlphaOne,

probably you did it already but i will say it anyway,

make sure you run Sequoia as Admin before making the changes

12. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Alpha0ne,

I saw your snapshots, and at a first glance, I saw something a bit 'unusual'. I mean, I don't think that's something mandatory at all, but in almost all the cases, your current (and main) HDD should rather be 'C:'. I don't mean that if yours is 'E:', it doesn't allow you to have access to all your apps/progs,... The proof is that you have all your important apps/progs,... installed inside it. Nevertheless, I very often saw 'C:' as the Main HDD, where all the important apps/progs, plugins,... are installed.
    Of course, it's just an observation and a suggestion, but could this be the reason why you can't to have all your Plugins sorted by 'Manufacturers' folders, in place to have them all widely deployed ? :dunno:

Another observation is related to the grey snapshot which show some of your Plugins widely deployed. The first in the list is : 2. FX >, where this right arrow should allow you to get all your Plugins included in that '2. FX' folder, isn't ?
    If this '2. FX' folder would rather be named, for instance : 'A', 'B',... with all your Plugins, either these which names begin by 'A', or the 'Manufacturer(s)' names begin by 'A' installed inside it, don't you think that you could perhaps have access to only these ones when you'll select that 'A' folder ?

13. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

@Studio 555:

1. I have 2 HD whith both HDs having 2 partitions. My Windows and some other files, which couldnT be installed somewhere else because of sh.t programming. And i never had any problems with other progs, vsts installed somewhere than C: And i dont think that MAGIX' problem is the right folder-drive-tree.

2. I now understand what you mean with renaming the folders. But i won't rename my VST-structure just only MAGIX cant code a simply task/option. They schould learn from FL Studio. They have horizontal scrolling. I am working on Ableton Live anyway. But i want also learn other DAWs

P.S.: Just want to mention, that MAGIX GUI is also too ugly. They should also fire the skindevelopers ;) I have all the skins which are on inet but anyway. ProTools and StudioOne have the best GUI design, and BITWIG, as far as what i have seen. BITWIG is like Ableton Live but somehow more elegant.

Cheers

14. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

So finally it worked. I did the exact the same what me2audio said. Deleted everything the vstplugins.ini file except directoryrecursiondepth and directorydisplaydepth and made them =3. Rescanned completely and now everything is fine. Sequoia recognises the folders now.

thnx to everyone who helped me here on this forum.

:mates: