Madeon Chords

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Yur0w, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Yur0w

Yur0w Noisemaker

This super old Madeon song has these big analog-sounding chords. How can I achieve this?

3. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Try UVI Falcon. Or better yet, UVI Synths Anthology II. I have them both & they are laden with sounds like this.

4. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Oh and that talkbox-like lead synth at the beginning is a preset from Nexus2's "Trance Essentials" expansion. The preset is called "Hodel". Matter of fact... everything... in this track... sounds like it was made with Nexus2 & expansions. But still, if you like sounds like this, get UVI Falcon & Synths Anthology II. Nexus2 is nice for a little while but now that I am in college I need more portability. That elicenser is basically the buzzkill of the situation. At least UVI I can put one license of each product on my computer & another of each product on my iLok3 (UVI gives you 3 activations for each product).

5. DoveEye

DoveEye Member

great question! it's a nice chord progression:

Key is D# Major

Chords are:

1. IV G# Major
    2. VI C minor
    3. V Bb Major
    4. VI C minor

that's the music theory.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

sounddesign:

I would try Serum or Massive for this. It's quite easy:
    - choose a wavetable between a saw and a sinus.
    - modulate the cutoff with an attacky ADSR
    - add some dirt with a distortion (not too much)
    - add a phaser

if u have serum, try this:
    https://postimg.org/image/4vhec9gwl/

here is the preset:
    http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=126177

... did not know this guy (madeon) - i think it is a great tune, thanks for that! gonna check out his music more - great music.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Yur0w

Yur0w Noisemaker

The f
    I think the preset is infected dude :/

7. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I'm telling you, those sounds are from Nexus2. Those exact sounds are from Nexus2's House expansions (vol 1 & 2) & their trance ones, too (trance essentials, 7 skies, etc). I think this entire track was made with Nexus2. I owned Nexus2 for several years, I know a nexus2 sound when I hear one. I hear several in this one. I'm not gonna tell you all the sounds because some of them I can't recall off the top of my head. But I could replicate this entire track if I wanted to, & you wouldn't be able to hear the difference. I'm dead serious, this has so much Nexus2 in it, it could literally pass as a soundcloud demo song to promote Nexus2 on ReFX's site.

8. Yur0w

Yur0w Noisemaker

Yo are you up for a challenge of remaking the track? Could be very interesting :)

9. DoveEye

DoveEye Member

hm why do you think so? :(

u get an anti virus alert or somethin like that? I just exported it from serum and uploaded it...

10. Yur0w

Yur0w Noisemaker

I don't know both Bitdefener and Chrome says it's a threat. would you bother to upload it elsewhere?