made three new songs. advice please!!!

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by randomtask, Feb 7, 2017.

1. randomtask

randomtask Ultrasonic

Hey people,

just finished making these songs let me know what you think.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Thanks for sharing. I liked Root the most as it had the greatest dynamic elements.

4. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

i heard these 1000 times, nothing new. try to do something original. im sorry man

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

WTF
    Root is a bomb, although I didn't like the last part, the harsh synth doesn't really fit in my head with the rest of the track; it was a nice trip till that last section

I have in part to agree with korte1975 above here. They sound pretty "similar" to a lot of other modern psytrance I've heard before.

Nonetheless very good stuff friend

6. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

You're just regurgitating all of the common elements found in most pop psytrance. If you take away all of the special fx, there is not much left. You are using risers and lfo's and stutters to attempt to mask your inablity to write a catchy hook that gets stuck in people's heads. Writing a good melody is one of the hardest things to do, but I think is more important then a bunch of flashy fx. I would focus on melody first. Give people something to hold on to, and then play around with the idea.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  7. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

I liked it, not familiar with the genre

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

Sorry but these kinds of criticisms are not helping much.

There are usually 2 distinguishable types of listeners or producers or even genres. "Sweet melody seekers" vs. "others". The first ones always blame the second ones due to the fact that they tend to hear the melody more than anything else and easily disregard the other technicalities that the dear producer has spent on it.

I think it's a real deadly disaster when our judgements would be based on some simple combinations of pitches.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Sorry man But Boring its like you just holding down one key with a bunch of samples! Please pick up a Guitar and play some real music Peace Out :wink:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. foster911

foster911 Guest

Please forgive my rudeness but you're a perfect example of my previous comment. The first type. I'm sorry saying that.:bow:

11. randomtask

randomtask Ultrasonic

well just to make a few things clear, i don't use samples or presets so lets put that aside. as for melodic elements. i dont really think they belong in psytrance, more so in trance. but of course music is very subjective so no opinion is right or wrong. really depends on how you like it.

thanks for you comments even though they are not really constructive in anyway.

12. foster911

foster911 Guest

My brother, let me tell you something. Having certain air of expectancy and constructiveness from the people that just below kinds of simple melodies catch their attentions is kind of impossible for your work.

13. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Foster you keep making these things without an objective or a point, lol, but at least, PLEASE, don't post these in threads outside of yours, thanks :wink:

PS: I'm not even sure why you named me, since I enjoy both non melodic and melodic music (if that's even a classification...). Oh, is it because I put dislike on your posts? :snuffy:

14. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Melody isn't key element in many electronic genres that's a fact, yet there is still some "pick up a guitar" typical nasty dudes there and there (they just can't conceive you can combine things, pretty logical when the fact is they are stuck in the 70s), but just don't bother with them. And if you can't appreciate musical arrangements when Melody isn't the main focus, you're just very narrow-minded, nothing more to say.

In the context of Trance it's obviously a main key element though, I was just answering to some 3 words shit-post

Keep doing your thing, music don't have to be always new and inventing things, it can be as much enjoyable if it's well produced, efficient and soulful. Get away from the "invent new things, stop regurgitating" utopy. It doesn't have to be that way. And thanks god, music really don't need this to be enjoyable and interesting.

As for the constructive comment I can't help you I'm not enough familiar with Trance and its sub-genres, I just listenned the first two and from a technical point of view, it's sounding pretty professionnal, and you're keeping dynamics in a genre like this, that needs to be mentionned (the first one is maybe a bit too squashed or ""badly"" squashed though), your whole post-process is really good-sounding.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

16. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

17. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

The thing with psytrance is that it's very driven music, and that drive needs to be almost constant for the people dancing. It's the same with good hard house. The breakdowns need to be short and then "BAM" back driving again. Those one minute breakdowns would do my head in if I was dancing to these tracks. The rest is very dancable though, so good job, For those saying it's not original or they've heard it before, post some thing you've done in your chosen genre that's original, and let us judge your originality before making such comments. I'll post a response to one of the comments below, which is my favourite psytrance track ever, so take a listen, although you probs know it anyways.
    That last part is more hard house with that aggressive synth, another genre I love to dance to.

18. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

If you insist....................:rofl:

19. Resonator

Resonator Kapellmeister

Do your own thing, if you want advice, get technical advice with how to do things and music theory, write what you want to hear and want to learn to write, people telling you what to write isn't going to help you. If you can write music, you should also be able to know if it works or not, (for you that is. always someone who shares your sensibilities to how you perceive music and many who won't) When you think it doesn't work, then put it right. Reason I say all this is that it's a learning process and you have to come up with the answers yourself.
    If not, you may as well just be a copy-est. which is ok for starting to learn anyway. But you don't need advice for that, it's easy to know if you copied something correctly and learned something from it.. so question is, what do you think and to others is.. do you like ? which doesn't need asking, as when they do you can bet they will come along and tell you when they do.
    Best Regards