Mad World!

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by DieM, Sep 9, 2018.

1. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

Finally someoneat this site who is a real musician!! Learn from this electromusicians!

2. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Cheers for your comments Herr Durr, I couldn't stop laughing..
    Funny you should talk about using the sweetening effects. I really don't have much education when it comes to that type of thing. I have a rough idea what plug-in does what and that is it! I play it by ear and hope for the best and I'm partially deaf in my right ear so It's basically good fortune If a mix turns out half decent.
    By the way I've been a massive Beatles fan since a very young age so maybe there's some influence there.
    Hey man I just picked up my guitar and tried singing this in broad Glaswegian and it just didn't sound right!
    (This wurld is fuld wae fools joost didnae cut the mustard ma man) :no: Cheers

3. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Hey thanks for that. I really appreciate your comments as it helps me to look at different elements and to have a clearer picture of what can be changed to make a better overall track. The "propaganda.. sprinkled w/ lies" is actually a bad line and I have since changed that line from "sprinkled with lies to "News in disguise". The bass actually reminds me of 12 bar and "The Ballad of John & Yoko" and would definitely benefit with a more modern melody. This is an early demo and I will be more adventurous with the drums at some point in the mix. Cheers again, much appreciated.:bow:

4. DieM

DieM Rock Star

It would be nice to hear more actual songs here but it's less risky to offer up a tune rather than a song as songs are more personal and exposing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. rah

rah Ultrasonic

"the bottom line" from ultra from DM- this is what I was looking for reference.

best of luck with soundcloud , seen the lennon cover
    I think you need a stronger scouser accent for Lennon , but stay away from the Japanese banshees please !

6. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

love it..!! release it as B-side then? :winker:

ye are what ye is !

7. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Amur that in am aff ma trolley tae!

8. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Love it love it!

Brilliant lyrics... Great vocals... Really good...

Wish there were more vocal harmonies... though its just fine as it is... I was greedy for a more beatlesque sound!

Great work!!! :like::like:

9. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Doing your own thing is always the best medicine, approach and result because it ends up being all you.
    The only person theoretically that can criticise the uniqueness of what you create is you, because only you know how much of "you", that you put into it.
    Go hard.

10. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Thanks Kinghtsurfer. Kind words. The song isn't actually finished yet, just at demo stage.
    I have been working out more harmonies along with a couple of lyric and instrument changes and a guitar or keyboard solo before the last verse. I've been busy recently so I will do an update demo once I have time to add these elements. Cheers

11. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Cheers BaSsDuDe, I know what you mean. I reckon that trying to sound like what's already out there to me is just copying a format. I try not to do that but influences always come through, that can't be helped. It's not too to difficult be original but then you have to try to make it sound appealing and that is where it get's difficult.

12. DieM

DieM Rock Star

This is an update as it is so far...Remastered with a couple of lyric changes and extra backing vocals and harmonies.

13. mono

mono Audiosexual

Realy injoyed that,Thanks :wink:

14. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Cheers momo :like:

15. Karlsplatz

Karlsplatz Kapellmeister

Best Answer
    Really like it, DieM!
    Maybe you could try to make a break at the first beat of the bar at 0:47 to make an instroduction for the second verse? And your vocals would cut into the silence there, which might be a nice effect.

I actually have so much ideas coming to my mind listening to your stuff... :D
    I would add also some lower background vocals for the 2nd verse repeating your lead vocals. (or just start with the background vocals earlier for this verse)
    You have plenty of nice space there and I really think it would fit well, cliché well, and yet well!
    "This world.." "This world..."
    ..... "is built" ... "is built".....

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Betta moosh, keep em coming

17. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Cheers for your kind reply. Yeah I don't like repeating lines and I'm working on it for this song as I think it's quite catchy. I'm also working on a solo but I'm thinking about putting it before the last verse. I will take into consideration your words as I highly regard any input you guys can give me. Thanks for your input. Much appreciated :bow:

18. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Hey Moosh get your song on here. I'm sure the good folks here would appreciate a decent song!!!

19. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

@DieM Yer like a bleedin' naggin' wife :bleh:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  20. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Yeah I'm gonna put a stop to that mucker. I hate people naggin' me so it ends right here! Peace :bow: