Macro Recording Software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by kooper, Jan 31, 2021.

1. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

I am the host of a pretty quickly growing online music collaboration group. We've just moved onto a server on discord which really works well for this. I have been setting each member up with his own working file server via google drive. That also works well, and i am getting pretty fast at doing this, but it is very repetetive. I'd like to find a decent macro recorder that will do this repetitive routine for me. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Not sure about what is best or better, but of the paid ones i see in articles, i found 3 on "friendly site" of sister...
    "Macro Recorder" search brings them up: Auto Macro Recorder, Macro Recorder, JitBit Macro recorder.
    (There are also many free ones I see in searching .. it is just an assumption that a paid one may be 'better'.)
    I have just installed "Macro Recorder" now so I have no idea about how well they work, ease of use, etc.

4. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

Thanks for the reply. I have one of those installed. I suppose I have some studying to do. I have had limited success. One time it works, next time it doesn't. It's almost like learning how to use it is harder than just doing it manually.

5. Haliax

Haliax Guest

Discord have a RESTful API, I would recommend using that if you can code.

6. Polomo

Polomo Guest

Is in my opinion the best

I used it for Auto Tagging YouTube Videos of mine

Nearly 200 clicks per minute less work, and I could do something else in the meantime

Learning is not really, needed just record your stuff and if the Marco works let it play x time

7. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

Part of it is setup though (I think). I am thinking it needs an exact identical page to work? The google drive they share with me has to be named the same thing each time for this to work I think. I had it record my moves as I inserted the server tools. It worked 1 time and then next time no. I believe it has to do with naming. I have not given up.

8. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

We actually have a discord server for the collab group. https://discord.gg/bTEhdvHV6Y I will look into RESTful API. Thanks.

9. Polomo

Polomo Guest

Jup that’s right

Best thing is to have fixed points on your desktop

For example : The white-violet banner of kongregate is my fix point I scroll it exactly on the line of my browser window
    But after that my Macro does the work in this idle game

For my Youtube Stuff I use an Excel Cut marco
    Date ,cutting out and then add it to my Video after that 1 scroll and the next Date is on the place of the macro before and so on and so on :winker:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2021
  10. Warped Effect

Warped Effect Ultrasonic

I just use Macro Expert for those kind of tasks, it costs money, but you can download a free 21 day trial to test it out.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  11. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

This is the first one I've tried that actually worked! Thank you!