macOS Sonoma 14.4 update causes iLok problems (Solved)

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by zpaces, Mar 9, 2024.

1. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

So there's no excuses to have issues every minor or major OS update, seems like it's just PACE catching up since I got M1, I had no issue with any other developers that use other protections since Monterey. (Valhalla, U-He, FabFilter, Bitwig, Voxengo, dSONIQ...)

2. zpaces

zpaces Producer

Yea, it's a kinda Apple bashing thing. No one is complaining when MS does a major update and things won't work.
    But yea, it's always Apple's fault. They blame it for updating their OS and make it safer.

3. zpaces

zpaces Producer

There is also an access for developers, who can join! It's just a cheap excuse!

4. 8bits

8bits Producer

This is well know with Apple crapple, never thrust to update if you do use it as real pro use, it happened in the past, lesson learned..so i always wait to update also in the same OS version, this is the modern crap world…too many shit to carry on.

i had this from McDSP few days ago…

Dear McDSP Users,

We want to bring to your attention important information regarding the recent Apple Sonoma 14.4 update. There have been numerous reports indicating that this update may disrupt the functionality of iLok-authorized plugins, including those from McDSP.

Action Required:

We strongly advise users to refrain from updating to Sonoma 14.4 until further notice. It is crucial to wait for a fix or confirmation of compatibility from McDSP before proceeding with the update.

Recommended Steps:

• Disable Automatic Updates:
    • Deactivate the "Turn on Download new updates when available" option.
    • Deactivate the "Install application updates from the App Store automatically" option.

• To access these settings:
    • Go to "System Preferences" on your Mac.
    • Select "Software Update."
    • Uncheck the mentioned options.

Note: It is essential to keep these settings disabled until a confirmed fix or update is released.

5. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

It's just PACE/iLok stuff at this point, I'm first to call Apple on their BS, but this time around it's not their fault, they shouldn't stop patching security on OS level just because one company can't get their stuff together. They have issues on Windows too, while having developer builds and previews too.

This reminds me on one constant thing in my country, every winter snow surprises that department, it's like running meme that keeps on giving, like guys, it's winter, it's going to snow, it's your only job, dunno, be prepared for it. Same with iLok, you are intrusive copy protection that works deep on OS level, your shit is going to get broken all the time, once in your life be prepared for that.

6. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

there is no advantage to update 14.4, v 15 is around the corner..so why would you update if its more problematic?

7. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

Apple's update are generally 3rd party expired or generic certificates codes been blocked in the interest of their monopoly, its exactly why they are been sued..so I you use a 3rd party BT keyboard or mouse those GB updates are just lists of things apple spends more time attacking to assure they dont wok unless stye get a cut of the money.

This is the way companies and wealthy people who lack innovation keep their products above the crowd by keeping everyone else distracted, broke, etc., the comment is correct affairs now, concerning all apple users as DOJ is demanding billions from apple in lawsuits last week over their monopoly..because it effects how bad the OS works only to racket fees from developers.

8. zpaces

zpaces Producer

The main point: No one, absolutely no one would care about it, if Apple would just be a small garage company.
    Apple gets sued because everyone wants a big piece of the Apple cake. Same for other huge companies such as Amazon and Google.

You know these companies don't force you to use them. You don't want Apple? Get Windows! You don't like Google? Great, use DuckDuckGo!

You are free to choose!

9. Emma Evi

Emma Evi Member

No issue with iLok here under Logic native ARM @ 14.4 (23E214)

10. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Fixed in 14.4.1, released today.

If you're on M1, you weren't affected anyway - only M2/M3 machines were affected.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

After Steve Jobs died the same bankers who pushed him out during the 1990s took over Apple again and took away Tim Crooks vaseline bottle, before this happened they where threatening him and his family to give up shares to them, why, cause they wanted Steve to stop the idea of offering affordable iPhones, his goal if you REMEMBER was to make the iPhone and iPad more affordable every year, until the prices dropped to $150 for a iPad with at least 128GB SSD., his vision for Apple was to eliminate computers all together and create a watch or band where everyone can carry a computing chip with 10TB, walk into a cafe and use screens of glasses to navigate software, look it up., not main stream search engines but videos, dark web., they erase history on main stream media to manipulate everything.

You need to stop lying that Apple is the victim and ask yourself why they rather put suicide nets around child slave factories in China to bring iPhone cost down to $10..

https://www.thecorporategovernancei...why-did-apples-board-fire-steve-jobs-in-1985/

Steve was also a narcissists and has his own issues., the point of my post now is just so you stop what is called POLITICAL opinions, post facts, related to this topic..we all need to report whats going on with this update like we are now.., the rest combo jumbo only matters if one of us here find out here are backdoors, bugs, ads wont work etc

have a nice day

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

If your comment includes some of the developers (isotope etc) who sent out emails to avoid an update then thats really good to know, because I do have issues on m1 with 14.3.1, tape, transient shaper and other plugins by softube and more are not even been scanned with logic

13. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

My comment is based on what Pace informed iLok users when they had analysed what the issue was. And I know plenty of M1 users who said they didn't have any iLok problems either.

I'm not sure what you mean about iZotope - they don't even use iLok, so wouldn't have sent any emails regarding this issue.

14. clone

clone Audiosexual

Plugins that fail authentication will often crash validation with AUValTool. That's because they WERE scanned by Logic. All you have to do is look in your plugin manager to see it, and then fix it in like 1 mouse click.

15. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

logic won't fix anything with just one mouse click, you deep code sign then refresh that plugin in Logic to see if Logic alone accepts it, plugins logic accepts are not always problematic, logic is, try opening the same AU plugs in other apps like patchwork and see for yourself what I mean.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
  16. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

You might want to take your own advice, especially after posting that absolute BS about "Apple's update are generally 3rd party expired or generic certificates codes been blocked in the interest of their monopoly, its exactly why they are been sued..so I you use a 3rd party BT keyboard or mouse those GB updates are just lists of things apple spends more time attacking to assure they dont wok unless stye get a cut of the money."

Oh and BTW - MacOS 15 is not 'around the corner' we're at least six months out from that, IF everything goes as planned.

17. clone

clone Audiosexual

Rescan Selected is one mouse click. Codesigning is done within MacOS not Logic. Neither is forcing validation by AUValtool. Logic is simply not doing what you want, because you have incorrectly or incompletely installed something in MacOS. The problem is not in Logic. It is in the chair.

18. Mauwurf

Mauwurf Noisemaker

14.4.1 is out. Now everythings works again and perfect as it should be.

19. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

does 14.4.1 cause any issues with host names added disappearing, anything deep code signed?

20. clone

clone Audiosexual

For all the vitriol people have about iLok, wouldn't r2r breaking it for Mac be the fastest way to see it's use in audio plugins decrease by a lot?

Would the audio developers keep using it for Windows, if broken on Mac; I guess is my question.