Macbook user need help moving to Windows laptop

Discussion in 'PC' started by vuuru_keg, Jan 30, 2019.

1. vuuru_keg

vuuru_keg Platinum Record

So the year 2019 and Apple is really making more and more dumb moves and changes to the devices they're marketing as "pro" .. and as someone who really liked Apple, use a macbook pro 2015, and i do music for living - I just want to give up the Macbook Pro lineup and just switch to Windows laptop...

I was looking for a replacement for quite a while, from different manufacturers and companies and also tried some of them where I could, but it seems that nothing really can replace a macbook 2015 in terms of built quality, mobile comfort and aesthetics....
    Except for the Razer Blade - which is not available in my country at the moment

so i thought id ask you guys for recommendations and shared experiences with windows laptops.
    here are the 3 main things that are important to me:

Mobile convenience
    Most times I don't use a mouse when I travel cus the macbook trackpad is perfect, and I'd rather not take one with, same thing with dongles and adapters. (macbook 2015 user here)
    I couldn't find another laptop with a trackpad that works really well, accurate and sensitive to Windows gestures and a comfortable keyboard

Built quality
    I couldn't find alot of laptops with a good built quality, most computers felt (or were) plastic, and bent and moved with some pressure, felt cheap fragile

Aesthetics
    Since were looking at computers with high specs, they are very "gamer" oriented by design, which means a lot of RGB, exaggerated and large designs, or odd shapes and angles.
    Are there solid-minimal-normal looking laptops? no RGB and all that gamery chassis stuff..

Some of these things may seem petty, but after you get used to them, it's hard to go back.
    However, I wanna hear what you think and if you think there are laptops that keep up with what I wrote.
    No budget limit btw so feel free to go wild with recommendations - if the product is good ill buy it.

p.s - i'm thinking about the Dell XPS 15 but the trackpad is still kinda whack compared to the macbook, however the XPS 13" got an update recently so maybe the 15 will get one as well soon?

extra info - i use FL Studio, Studio One, also edit videos and photography on the adobe eco system

3. Slaking_97

Slaking_97 Kapellmeister

I bought some years ago (and i still have it) an Asus laptop, N751, multimedia series, 17", and I must say it was and it is still now very good. It has everything you mentioned - clean and essential design, very good materials, comfortable trackpad (with an Asus app that enhances the experience). The only downside is that it's a bit heavy, but it's 17" so probably the 15" it's lighter.
    You should check here on the Asus site, it should be in the VivoBook part. https://www.asus.com/Laptops/VivoBook-Pro-Series-Products/

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. vuuru_keg

vuuru_keg Platinum Record

ill look into this one thanks, do you know how upgradable the laptop is?

5. albert001

albert001 Producer

go for dell best service and you get a 6 core Intel 1060 gforce and 17 inch full hd touch screen and very slick design (almost thin like a macbook2015) start at 1400€ for standard 2000€ for full spec hd+ssd about under 3 kg...!

ps:i have a older Fujitsu workstation(3500€)
    that you can replace almost everything CPU gpu Wi-Fi but it is 5.5kg and if you wanna buy the same today you pay 4500€ and as I saI'd its not portable...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Slaking_97

Slaking_97 Kapellmeister

Very easy to upgrade hard drives, I'm not a tech savvy but i successfully managed to replace the stock ones qith a new ssd and a new hdd without any problem. I'm not sure for the other components but i think for the standard user they're pretty much off-limits