Mac vs Windows

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Giuby, Jan 2, 2020.

1. groove

groove Kapellmeister

this guy is in all forum talking Mac and say bullshit all days ... I'm sure he doesn't make music at all ... but he make me laughing ... Win7...:rofl: ha ha ... don't answer we are not in the same world....

2. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Any better? Here is my roundtrip (overall) latency numbers:
    [​IMG]

Latencymon running minimum 10 minutes:

[​IMG]

Just let me know if you want to see my numbers on 192 KHz with 16 buffer size :rofl:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  3. Foobar

Foobar Producer

The controller is _INSIDE_ of the T2 chip. Are you really going to nitpick about some philosophical arguments if this makes the T2 chip a problem or not? Even if a third party manufacturer would build the exact same SSDs, you couldn't replace them. That's exactly what the T2 chip is for. To make sure, there is no third party repair possible.

At the end of the day Apple "dongled" the SSD. The SSD will wear out and you have to take a $40,000 machine to the Apple service with like 2 weeks of down time for your business and high repair costs. For me, that's a complete no-go. For Apple, it's working as intended.

And Apple will declare a product "obsolet" and stops servicing it 7 years after they stoped manufacturing. Goodbye system drive.

That's all just crazy. Great OS, but abysmal hardware.

4. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

1.33 where is the 7

5. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

7 what?

6. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

First of all, you should keep it civil, may i suggest lowering your tone and stop shouting in caps. Second, i answered to what you said but you keep insulting peeps and don't get what's in front of you.
    There is no point in using the various different interfaces you gathered over the years. What kind of inconvenient convenience would that bring to any professional. Is what you never mentioned. What kind of professional uses a mixed bag of interfaces, it's the perfect recipee for inconsistency since they come with different specs, pres, etc. Simply, it is not professional. And then there's the:
    "Oh here i am, here's my macbook, lemme just unload my truck of dongles and audio interfaces" :headbang:
    Pros that move around use top of the line external TB interfaces with as many i/o as needed. Antelope, UAD, Apogee, RME you name it. Apogee Symphony has 32 analog i/o. A couple of those and you 're done since you mentioned 54ins if i recall. Neat and clean. Not 5 audio interfaces because that's what you salvaged over time. But i think i 'm just wasting my time. This conversation has become sterile and bland.
    Peace.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

i meant 1337 just joking

8. fritzm

fritzm Producer

Sorry, this is misinformation. I am an apple certified tech. Nice try though.

What Macs Hard Drives Can You Upgrade?

• MacBook Core 2 Duo
    • MacBook Unibody
    • MacBook Pro 13″ (2009-2012)
    • MacBook Pro 13″ with Retina Display (Late 2012-Early 2015)
    • MacBook Pro 15″ (2008-2012)
    • MacBook Pro 15″ with Retina Display (Mid 2012-Mid 2015)
    • MacBook Pro 17″ (All Models)
    • MacBook Air 11″ (All Models)
    • MacBook Air 13″ (All Models)
    • Mac Mini (All Models)
    • iMac (All Models)
    • iMac Pro (All Models)
    • Mac Pro (All Models)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  9. lancexx

lancexx Producer

I'm only half surprised this thread is still going.
    -Sent from my iPhone

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. thecastermaster

thecastermaster Ultrasonic

Oh good, this again.

11. groove

groove Kapellmeister

Thanks for that There are so Many mac hater hère for why ? and say absolutly silly thing all time... perhaps they don’t have money for and so... in fact i think This forum is almost thé same as sister site only guy who download cracked software and depend of choice of hacker and not of their own... but thanks for This.. long life to apple... keep us The good work....

12. teknomix

teknomix Kapellmeister

Mac for all professional productions and Windows for play with all scene releases...

13. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Stop quoting me out of context. Thisis the third time people in this thread quote my shit out of context.

I never told anyone to use asio4all!

I said: you can use windows for audio production if you DON'T USE ASIO4ALL but a native Full Duplrx ASIO Driver provided by the manufacturer.

I was making a poibt that why I think macos is the superior platform for handling audio.

It seems that you are having difficulties to comprehend what peopke are writing. Unlikr you, i fully comprehend what has been said so you don't need to rephrase it to ne.

To put it in your language: was laberst du?

14. Foobar

Foobar Producer

This thread is getting crazier by the minute.

No, you can't replace the system SSD in a Mac Pro 2019. If anyone is telling you differently, he's lying into your face. End of story.

And you can't replace the hard drive in a Mac Pro 2019, because it doesn't have one.

What you CAN do, is "upgrading" a Mac Pro 2019 by plugging in another SSD and make this your system drive and just treat the original drive it came with as what it is right away, a piece of useless garbage which will eventually break anyway. Again, you CAN'T replace the system drive a Mac Pro comes preconfigured with. Apple can, you can't. Neither can a "Apple Certified Tech" replace the system SSD in a Mac Pro 2019. You aren't even allowed to try. All you can do is send a Mac Pro 2019 to Apple. That's it.

But if you think differently, please just point us to any website or video explaining how to do it. The web is full of information like this, so there sure must be a tutorial on how to do something as basic as replacing the system drive in an Apple Mac Pro 2019. Right?

15. Plendix

Plendix Platinum Record

There is one thing I just dont get about recent years on Mac: Whenever they update the os it seems that most of the applications need to be updated.
    I wouldnt want that. I run very old versions of apps I really dig and they just run fine from windows xp to windows 10 and everything between.
    besides that mac or pc make no difference.
    Ok one thing: You can't fuck up sticking trashy compnents together on mac.

16. Foobar

Foobar Producer

It sounds much more dramatic than it actually is. Apple updates break less things than Windows updates regularly do. With the difference that Apple actually intended to break a few things because it increases security or prepares new technology or whatever, while Windows updates mostly break things because of bugs and incompatibilities. And with the difference that you can opt not to update your macOS, while Windows forces the updates on you without asking.

When Windows stopped the 16-bit support all 16-bit applications broke as well. Apple now stopped supporting 32-bit too. Windows will for sure follow at some point in the future. And it will break a hell of a lot more things on Windows than it did on macOS, because on Windows many applications rely on old 32-bit libraries. That's extremely rare on macOS because macOS doesn't have DLLs in the way Windows has.

17. Bitmonkey

Bitmonkey Producer

That's not actually that common. Logic only very recently forced people to upgrade to Sierra with 10.3 which is still a 3 year-old version of OSX - they certainly do not force you to upgrade every time.

No one makes you upgrade either you can stay on a lower version of Logic X or whatever should you want you just lose the new functionality and bug fixes which they added in later versions.

As Foobar points out MS are bound to cull 32-bit apps sooner or later then your Windows XP stuff is toast.

18. fritzm

fritzm Producer

I was showing the Macs you CAN replace memory and drives. I was NOT talking about a 2019 Mac Pro. So deal with that.
    I mean seriously, how many people can afford a 2019 Mac Pro? I would most certainly go Hackintosh before spending that kind of money. Like i've said about 5 times in this thread, its about the OS for me, not the hardware. I personally don't care for working in Windows, and that's my right. End of story.
    Peace

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  19. fritzm

fritzm Producer

One more thing, if you were going to spend the money for 2019 Mac Pro, you would most certainly get external drives with something like a Black Magic dock. I don't think anyone would depend entirely on one internal ssd after spending that kind of money. I have a Black Magic with 4 ssd 1gig drives. and that is with a 2015 iMac. Works great never crashed. When I'm at home, I want to write music, not be a tech.

20. Foobar

Foobar Producer

Same here. Windows is just a huge mess. Ugly as hell. Feels and looks like it's randomly built out of 20 vintage devices of different generations. And that's pretty much exactly what it is. I can't even read the thin fonts. I mean, come on, that's the whole point of a device with a screen, it's meant to display information. And even a free OS like Linux can do this better by far. Windows can't and probably never will, because it's a vintage OS. And I'm not even talking about the ancient font rendering, but about brand new software, e.g. web browsers. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Sadly Apple hardware is just as bad as Windows. And hugely overpriced. You can't even fix it into something better, because Apple doesn't let you. I also like my big monitors in front of my music equipment. I have no use for a tiny iMac monitor. So the only choice from Apple would be to get a lame Mac Mini or a Mac Pro. There is nothing in-between.

So Hackintosh is indeed the way to go. By far the best hardware with by far the best operating system.