Mac vs Windows

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Giuby, Jan 2, 2020.

1. groove

groove Kapellmeister

Sorry Catalina is not a nightmare .. I've an iMac Pro 2018 and all work fine.. perhaps it's a nightmare for people using old cracked software and don't have update but if you are legit user there are no problem ..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Okay, let me rephrase than: having to rely on ASIO4ALL as your main Audio Driver for producing audio is garbage. Like I said before and what you omitted from my quote: it's a workaround for the lacking of PROPER Audio architecture in Windows. It was not to discredit the author of the software - it's nice that he wrote that driver. I was just pointing out that this is the kind of bs you have to deal with when you decide to produce audio on Windows.

3. Foobar

Foobar Producer

That sounds clearly like a hardware issue. And, yes, I would rate Apple hardware at China junk level. Btw. even a brand new $40,000 MacPro will need Apple service after 3-5 years. Like most new Apple products it has a time bomb which will self destruct after some years. Apple calls this "T2 security chip". In case of the Apple MacPro it's the system SSD. SSDs don't last forever, that's why Apple's T2 chip and a proprietary SSD design won't let you switch them out.

macOS = great!
    Mac hardware = meh!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  4. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

People only wants to run the last cpu to try out the last vst.
    Maybe one day they will understand that most producers on the planet use their production rig for years and do not care of upgrading it as long as it works.

i still use a 2012 Mac mini to release most of my music. You have no idea how many ep i did with it that make people dance all over the planet.

use your fucking tools ! Do music !
    Stop feeding the market !

what a bullshit ...

i m still running my Mac mini 2012 without any Pb as well as some old 2009 macbook’s...

You can replace the harddrives on all the models where it’s not solder on the mobo without any Pb.

the t2 chip has nothing to do with that at all !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. garfinkle

garfinkle Platinum Record

Yeah, my 2013 MacBook pro is still going strong. But I need the grunt of the 2009 Mac Pro fully specced to do anything serious.

I think the other poster was talking about recent mac releases, and he may have a point. I run a MacBook Pro 2018 at home and, though it's completely reliable, Im not as impressed with it as I thought Id be.

6. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

The problem is not about the t2 chip but about drives soldered to the motherboard.

for exemple the Mac mini 2019 has the t2 chip but the SSD not soldered to the motherboard and you can actually replace it without any problem.

7. Foobar

Foobar Producer

1. I said "new Apple products". 2012 isn't exactly what I would call "new".

2. SSDs break. There is no way around it.

3. A new $40,000 MacPro may likely run under heavy load. It's named "Pro" for a reason. This may wear out an SSD much sooner than a regular consumer would.

4. You can't switch the SSD in a new MacPro because it uses a proprietary Apple connector.

5. You can't switch the SSD in a new MacPro even if you had an adapter because the T2 chip won't recognize a new SSD as legit. I have no idea how someone may call this "security", all it does, is securing Apple the money for service and a hugely overpriced replacement SSD.

Don't throw around words like "Bullshit" when you don't know what you are talking about and/or didn't read what I said.

8. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

Did
    Did you read my previous answer ?

the problem is not the t2 chip !

the 2019 Mac mini has this chip and the ssd can be replaced.

The t2 chip could only cause troubles if you need to replace other parts such as the Touch ID or mobo.

9. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

i never use it.....

just reading an article and then say i use it..the fck...and guys in forum move on with that shit..

and taskforc dont use asio4all in the end ..he explained the history behind..

again the fck...why i should use asio4all when having proper audio intefaces..they dont run with asio4all..they run with their drivers...
    and i used 2 interfaces at same time in live on win 7...no wdm no asio4all..
    it was edirol and steinberg drivers

the thing is not all stands in dev forum cause ppl could make drama bout...like certain ppl bla

10. Foobar

Foobar Producer

According to iFixit the problem in a new MacPro _IS_ the T2 chip - and a proprietary connector.

11. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

you are a lyer because we all know it’s not possible to use 2 différents sound cards brands at the same time in any software available on the planet without doing an aggregate device.

prove it send us a screenshot or stfu becaus you r lying !

12. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

man I just did a ssd replacement in a friends brand new Mac mini 2019 that has the t2 chip !

You rely on ifixit while I do on my personnal experience !

13. Foobar

Foobar Producer

That's very kind of you. And now try this with a new MacPro.

Before you start, I like to give you a hint: the system SSD in a new MacPro doesn't have a controller. The SSD uses a controller which is build into the T2 chip. Good luck with trying to replace this with a stock SSD!

Why? Nobody knows as it doesn't offer any advantage whatsoever. Except for Apple, as all MacPros will need Apple service and a high priced Apple replacement after 3-5 years.

14. Gyro Gearloose

you the lier cause you cant thing out ure box

sure i made this up cause i got no better to do...go on listen to this dude buy huge interfaces while you could stack small ones together...woohhoo..

and again only live can do this from my experience

again asio4all is for use with out any intetfaces you kno..:deep_facepalm:but it stand in live forum i kno i kno:deep_facepalm:

15. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

anyone to make him stfu with his lies ?

i m done with him.

16. Gyro Gearloose

you cant handle that youre agregate thing is absolete on win and live...
    but you will never try it cause you on mac...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

stupid idiot I told you windows is my work.

Attached Files:

18. groove

groove Kapellmeister

Don't waste your time with certain guy in this forum there are just Mac haters that's all... and for their information before I change my old Mac Pro for my new iMac Pro Obviously I tried to see if hackintosh was cheaper to assemble and the answer is no ... the price difference is too low between the two to waste time assembling ... obviously if we compare a pc or a mac with equivalent hardware ... for me with thunderbolt a sub 37 3 elektron machine and modular + UAD there is only one Macos system that holds .. and I switched to mac in 2008 after one more windows crash on stage in full live so return for me is impossible mac for me is the solution ....

19. Gyro Gearloose

yeah im such mac hater cause im sayng..i used multible interface in live win7

20. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

you were talking about the T2 chip. The problem with the new Mac pro is not the t2 chip but the contrôler and the connector.

the t2 chip itself doesn’t disallow you the hard disk exchange.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List