MAC user building Dream PC - Help!

Discussion in 'PC' started by shinyzen, Sep 28, 2024 at 10:03 PM.

1. shinyzen

shinyzen Rock Star

Hi! working on a B room for a friend of mine, we're looking to build a PC - im a lifelong Mac user, very little experience with PC's. Can you guys please help point me in the right direction of where to educate myself on PC's for music production, or can you post here what your "Dream PC" would be? Lets assume budget is unlimited.

Goals are, Speed, Power (RAM?), Storage, Reliability, LIfespan, would also like to be able to connect to a Mac in another room via Audiogridder and use as additional processing.

3. Harish Pamu

Harish Pamu Producer

On the same boat... if the budget is unlimited ( but still sensible ). Obviously other can correct me if im wrong

CPU- Ryzen 9950x
    Ram - 6000 mhz ram (64-128 gb)
    Storage - gen 4 nvme ( as much storage as you want)
    Motheroard - x670e msi

these would be the "best" music production wise. Other peripherals, you can figure it out according to your needs, as they might not be super important for making music.

4. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

This guy read my mind exactly. This is the system you want. Windows 11 Pro and Linux will run good on it. I have the previous generation architecture (x570s) and I have no desire to upgrade until Qualcomm introduces some desktop chips to compete with Apple.

5. Harish Pamu

Harish Pamu Producer

Spent an unhealthy amount of time trying to research for the best PC build myself. For my personal PC, i might switch from 9950 to 9900 though.

6. shinyzen

shinyzen Rock Star

great! thank you for the tips!