MAC Plugins, what's happening?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Larax, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Larax

Larax Guest

MAC Plugins, what's happening?

VSS3
    Superrior Drummer 3

Plugins are only present on the windows platform. A few years ago (2-3 years) the situation was reversed. What is happening? Can we expect these plugins for MAC soon? Does anyone know?
    Thanks!

3. odod

odod Rock Star

there are only two options :
    1. Waiting for uncertain times (HEXWARS is one of the active team for MAC releases) to release their stuffs or you can just ..
    2. Buy the software you would like to use

anyway .. don't lean on the software too much, the brain and motivation are the main ingredients to make a good music !
    Cheers

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Most of the releases come from a small group of people. Sometimes individuals get de-motivated, pissed off, or other life stuff happens and they retire from the scene. A few good Mac crackers have retired over the past of years (and the odd one has come back).

It's always in flux, but seriously, it's a waste of time to wait for something you don't have - use what you do have, or buy it if you need it, and if it comes along at a later date, enjoy it and be thankful, rather than moving onto the next thing you don't have and waiting for that too...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

one of the reasons i have chosen my DAW to be on a windows machine, the only cons. is you have to get used to the general "rotteness" of win10 (that takes only a few days to get used), and also some hardware/config issues, but when those are fixed , everything is rolling just fine

6. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

I think people should be grateful for what everybody has already shared so far, which is, if you're really honest, quite enough to make (good) music for years.

if you feel unsatisfied with all of what's available FOR FREE out there, I'd say you have to reconsider if you're in the appropriate line of work, or take a break from your computer and make a bit of introspection to found out what it is you're really craving.

unless you have the latest top of the line / high specs gear, your setup will likely be outdated before you're able to have the opportunity of fully enjoying what's available to you in terms of libraries, plugins, & stuff..

people have been using violins, guitars, drums, for CENTURIES, .. HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of them, yet they didn't complain that they don't have enough strings on their instruments.

there's multi-billionaires out there who own half of the planet and don't give a sh*t about you, and there's people around here who share all they have, yet they are the one who get criminalized.

maybe the reason you're not happy already is because you lack of creativity.

:bow:

good luck with your music

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Interesting x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Jeen

Jeen Producer

:mates:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  8. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

To be fair, I don't think the OP was bitching, per se, just asking. If everybody was cool about just buying the software they wanted to use, I'm not sure this forum would exist and I'm damn sure the other place wouldn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Ur not missing a great deal, tbh. SD3 is fine, but there are loads of better (Kontakt) libs. I mean I'd feel way worse for ya, if ur missing Nebula or Roland VS or Ableton or VDrummer or Rob Papen or...