"MAC please" posts should be banned? (they clutter up the comments)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by google, Mar 16, 2012.

?

MAC please post should be banned

1. YES

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  2. NO

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  1. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

Thanks for the discussion, but still patiently wating for DiVA. :bleh:

2. google

google Newbie

3. google

google Newbie

Mods ('Saint' is the only mod)

There is now a 'slight bit of advice' about spamming comments section

see for yourself before comments are posted it reads

[​IMG]

4. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

unfortunately, i couldn't keep it for long. the text also appeared in PM's and a few other places... that's the way AudioZ engine works :(
    but i'll be throwing that message one a month or so. :wink:

5. google

google Newbie

I feel like I'm always complaining :) (now I'm getting older :))

but the comments are a bit out of control.

Mac Please
    'specific file host' please
    'unrelated thing' please

Mac comes out when it does
    different file hosts - there are always 30 different mirrors
    unrelated requests i'm 50/50 about.

--

Comments are part of the fun of the article.
    I like it when people put extra info (to get plugs working) or just funny or interesting stuff.
    I dont even mind when people put personal thanks messages (i can gauge how 'must have' the thing is) (i'm 50/50 depending on if i am looking for complicated info on how to instal - but on a sample collection - personal thanks are don't matter.)

--
    It's all a bit bell round a cats neck. Glad you giving it some thought bro

I thought the comment in the message before you type was a good idea.

"no rest for the wicked" hey Saint :)

6. google

google Newbie

"MAC please" people strike again.....

7. google

google Newbie

That MAC bloke Suing everyone = retard new technological advances

Samsung Tablets and phone = Super ammo led
    MAC = poor quality dull screen

MAc people
    "mac pleeeeeze"
    "how do instal on a MAC"

its like "dont shoot I'm an American"

--

MAC pleeeeze people are the top reason assign have quit

So apart from 'the company' and 'its users' MAC is allright

--

8. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

The reason that they do not want posts thanking up-loaders is because they have a Thanks button on each post that should be sufficient to show your gratitude.

9. google

google Newbie

sometimes its good to express gratitude personally

also its good to see how hype or not people are about things

10. Burninstar

I can agree with you however, it is a waste when people post just the one word "thanks" or "Thanks (name of poster)", You have seen it yourself.

If there are any warnings or special instructions in important follow up posts, they could be buried on page 3 because of excessive "Thanks" posts.

Express your gratitude however you like, but, realize the THANKS button is an option, and a very efficient one at that.

11. light59

light59 Noisemaker

@GOOGLE,

You got it wrong, bud. I'm not a mac pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease guy. If you read carefully, I was just giving thanks for the download. So "please" exclude me out of this list! Make sure you wear prescription glasses next time. Cheers!

[​IMG]

12. google

google Newbie

@light59

Sorry you got caught up in all of it bro

I just "print-screened" from the top of the listing just to show how fast all the MAC please guys get in on the comments.

I'm kind of 50/50 about people saying individual thanks, (so i'm kind of with you on that.)

I think individual thanks can be useful to see how sought-after a thing is.

Again apologies for print-screening you in on the picture.

:mates:

13. light59

light59 Noisemaker

That's OK bro. Thanks for the apologies. I still love ya. You're cool! *yes* :mates:

14. Burninstar

I feel like if you don't use more than 5 words to thank an up-loader, you should just use the THANKS button. It is easier and keeps the posts down to only the important ones that actually contain information.

Information like, does this work, are we missing parts, special instructions for installing, incompatibly issues, ect.

Who here does not understand the concept of the thanks button?

Check out the latest Waves PC release, Now up to 6 pages of posts. They are mostly Mac please and thanks.

Can you imagine if the 126 people that used the thanks button would have posted instead! That is 126 short posts = over 6 pages of posts, all of which would contain no useful information.

In many ways you thank them monetarily. When you download, the up-loaders make money.

I'm not trying to be an ass, Just please use the THANKS button if you have no useful information to add. Make it easier on everyone.

Here is my favorite useless post.

Quote:

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEE!!!!!!!
    UUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!
    STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!1

ps heh

Why is crap like this posted?

15. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Actually it's very simple.
    The whole thing is not about Mac or PC (as google and AudioTiger pointed out already), it is about SPAM.

Posts which contain "Mac please" or "Windows please" only, are nothing but spam.
    I think that most users would agree, that spammers should be banned, or at least the comments deleted.

google made one mistake: he took one specific kind of spam (Mac please), and made a poll about it.
    Whereas the question of the poll could/should rather be: "Should SPAM be banned/deleted"?

The main problem is, that SAiNT is the only mod, and he obviously doesn't have the time to check all comments.
    So I am afraid the situation will stay as it is, because you can't really expect that the number of morons in the world will decline rapidly. :(

Maybe SAiNT could implement a system, where comments which include only "Mac" "Windows" or "Thanks" get deleted automatically :rofl:

To give uploaders the right to delete comments from their threads, is not a good idea.
    Why?
    If somebody uploads crap, or even something dangerous containing viruses/trojans, than I would like to read about it in the comments; and the uploader certainly would delete such comments.

16. google

google Newbie

what about 'disabling comments' for people who have been 'repeatedly reported' by members for "spam"

also report button doesn't have a 'reason explanation' to report either?

17. Oxilatur

Oxilatur Newbie

I don't think that the people that upload more goodies mind the "thanks" message. The "mac please" is really getting annoying though. Maby it's an idea to use colors for the mac and windows. The headlines of every post has now a blue purple kinda color. If you make windows that color and mac another (red or something totally different), then you know that people that post "Mac please" are really out of line. That way people know it's PC or its MAC.

It isn't really hard to implement either....one checkbox before you post will change the color. Seriously, think about it. Because it will make things easier.

Ed

18. google

google Newbie

great ideas but...

Mac please posts are from people who don't really think about where all the free stuff is coming from. and don't realise it is usually posted as soon as it comes out. so begging doesn't speed shit up.

Mac pleeeeeez requests were one of the top reasons why Assign stopped cracking any more. it does more than just bug a few people on forums it stops crackers.

Mac pleeeeez..
    • Cant they just wait a few months/years for it to come out on Mac?
    • or buy it?
    • or try to think a little .....and stop spamming the topics

its not a case of getting confused, they are just being whinny beggars. :)

19. Oxilatur

Oxilatur Newbie

You're right Google, it wouldn't solve the begging problems. The "mac please" people are whiney bastards, but i think if you make clear distinction between pc and mac, it wouldn't happen so often. Plus, it would be easier for the mac users to spot a good upload.

And i really doubt that assign stopped because of the mac please comments. It is more likely they quit because of the sudden death of mega upload, btjunkie, filesonic, wupload etc... It's getting hot for the crackers. We should really consider an AudioZ release team.

20. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Actually dickheads moderators @ veessteeklup should be banned from the Earth!!
    :snuffy: The biggest neo-fascists are named: THAgeneral, Superfreak, snd.
    Poor filthy bastards, they only risk a big mouth there because they hide in their cages.
    Users should rebel and rise up against these arrogant, selfish and megalomaniac gnomes!!