Mac noob in trouble - getting sylenth on logic pro x

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by ktheo86, Aug 11, 2015.

1. ktheo86

ktheo86 Newbie

Got a fairly new macbook pro a few days ago w/ legit logic x installed. This is the first mac product I've owned thus far so adjusting to it has been fairly confusing but I'm getting through it bit by bit.

Have a cracked Sylenth that I've successfully installed - after a fair amount of troubleshooting and searching through 'macintosh HD' I realized that the vst file was automatically sent to /library/audio/plugins/VST and have also located the component file in the components folder.

The only issue I have now is that I know I need to replace the license file in order to get it off of demo mode, but more importantly I have to get logic to even acknowledge that I've installed sylenth in the first place. I tried doing a plug-in rescan on logic, but it just shows me a window with a white screen.

How can I get Logic X to 1)acknowledge the sylenth plugin and 2)successfully replace the license.dat file with the cracked one?

(Searched the forum a bit to see if there were any similar threads to this, but didn't find any - in any case apologies if I missed a spot!)

3. trenton

trenton Kapellmeister

Since Sylenth is 32-bit, you'll need something to convert it to 64-bit (which is what Logic X expects)

Search 32 Lives and install that, then open 32 Lives and "ressurect" Sylenth 1 and then re-load Logic. You can find 32 Lives in the usual places ;)

You can register Sylenth by clicking in the gui of Sylenth...close to the logo. I think it says , "Click here to register" or something like that.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. ktheo86

ktheo86 Newbie

Ahhh gotcha. Thanks a lot man, will try it out!

5. Xavi

Xavi Newbie

I'm new to this to, I'm trying to get mine to work. I download sylenth but it won't show up on the 32 lives list when I rescan. Is there something I need to do before that so it can show up or what. I'm so frustrated man haha.

6. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

Note that only Audio units can be used in logic. and to make sure you have the audio unit component in the folder.
    you can hit the rescan for 32 lives to refresh the list.

7. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

ditto 32 lives, works perfectly. well worth it.

8. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Its good to renew the wrap in 32 lives.
    Also, for the ones who are in logic x 10.2 and Yosemite, remember that was drooped the LEGACY GUI and the only solution to work in Logic is to use the free (and legacy) VSTAU manager and them 32lives (fuck Apple?)