M4L UI freezes. I can't believe I'm the only one with this.

Discussion in 'Live' started by Nofolobricity, Aug 5, 2023.

1. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Hello!

I have strange behavior of all M4L plugins. In random time of working with a project all M4L plugins can freeze. But internally they work. I made a short video to demonstrate this:

Lately I found that Arturia Analog Lab V is one of the reason - M4Ls somehow conflict with this instrument.

Hope someone can find the solution.

3. macros mk2

macros mk2 Platinum Record

if Ableton was a waiter, and you showed it your plate of spaghetti full of the cooks hair, it would bring you back a shiny cocktail as an apology and the same plate of spaghetti with hair.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. cheese

cheese Member

I recently upgraded from an old machine and honestly, Live 11 has been a disaster for people running older hardware. It's basically unusable for large projects - plugin guis freezing, max for live device guis just stuck... sometimes you open a project and the guis work other times they're broken - no sense to any of it.
    Not to mention you have tiptoe around the the plugin scanner and the indexer because they refuse to give users options to disable scans on every launch. They deserve all the criticism they get.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. arsch

arsch Noisemaker

Thats what I always thought. Instead of fixing what they ruined, they just add useless stuff nobody has asked for.

6. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Seems like Ableton Live is gradually becoming a scam daw ahah

7. fransva

fransva Noisemaker

Install the latest Cycling '74 Max, then add it again through Preferences. See if it works!

8. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

I don't want to jinx, but I think the problem was in VST3 version of Analog Lab V. I replaced all tracks with Analog Lab V VST3 with VST2 version. I reloaded the project and finally M4Ls work!

P.S. I'll write tomorrow. May be I'll find something else conflicting with M4Ls

9. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Hello again! Sad, but m4l plugins still freeze. And there's no Analog Lab in my new project. It's so annoying every time trying to find out what the plugin they conflict with.

10. racan_r

racan_r Member

The only option I can see here is to uninstall all the plugins, then reinstall and test them one by one.

11. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Sounds like a good idea but I can't even imagine how much time would it take (a month I guess:rofl:)

12. clone

clone Audiosexual

I wouldn't do that either. What if it isn't your plugins which are the problem? No thanks. I would copy my entire plugin folder, rename it to filenameBAK or something. Move it somewhere like desktop and create a new empty folder in it's place. Then put them back a few at a time, or by other way of making groups of them. Even by playing a song with lots of channels used, and then going by groups to narrow it down. I would maybe even go into my plugins folder, and uninstall anything i know i never use anyway. Going one-by-one will take forever, like you mentioned.

13. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Thank you! I think I'll do the way you suggested.
    P.S. In the first message I said that the reason was the VST3 version of the plugin. What's wrong with Ableton Live and VST3? May be it's the DAW that doesn't like them?